posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Guess WHAT????!!!!

We sailed again and you all stayed home, went to lame jobs or sat
around posting here...or all three.

We took Heart of Gold out in some very nice wind, but again opted to
fly the jib alone. Right around 5:00 or so we caught some really nice
air, steady at 17-20 knots, though it dropped back down 1/2 hour later.
We raised the main after that and just flew!
It's feeling like fall here...more each day. The light jackets are out
to stay.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l6...aySailweby.jpg

More sailing Saturday/Sunday! This weather is GREAT!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
We sailed again and you all stayed home, went to lame jobs or sat
around posting here...or all three.

We took Heart of Gold out in some very nice wind, but again opted to
fly the jib alone. Right around 5:00 or so we caught some really nice
air, steady at 17-20 knots, though it dropped back down 1/2 hour later.
We raised the main after that and just flew!
It's feeling like fall here...more each day. The light jackets are out
to stay.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l6...aySailweby.jpg

More sailing Saturday/Sunday! This weather is GREAT!

Bob,
I'm 88 miles, bearing 245 deg from NYC. I felt that breeze late afternoon.
It was perfect. I watched the flag outside blowing firmly and realized that
another perfect one had slipped by. At the same time, I'm one day closer...
Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On 28 Sep 2006 17:24:48 -0700, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

We sailed again and you all stayed home, went to lame jobs or sat
around posting here...or all three.

We took Heart of Gold out in some very nice wind, but again opted to
fly the jib alone. Right around 5:00 or so we caught some really nice
air, steady at 17-20 knots, though it dropped back down 1/2 hour later.
We raised the main after that and just flew!
It's feeling like fall here...more each day. The light jackets are out
to stay.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l6...aySailweby.jpg

More sailing Saturday/Sunday! This weather is GREAT!

RB
35s5

Get that wheel wrapped and it will be a lot warmer, as well as offering a better
grip without having to clamp your hand so hard.

It does look like you had some decent wind. The chart for execution Rocks only
takes a measure every 60 minutes, so it would be hard to argue that you didn't
have periods of even higher wind.

Such a decent wind he passed on raising the main....sailed by Jib only.
Typical tender bent-a-toe.

Wind here is calm..low59 high 83 perfect temps!

Joe

http://www.mysound.uconn.edu/exrx_hx.html

CWM

NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I am jelious. You lead an idyllic life. The winds were probably higher than
the reports. Remember those wind stations measure wind speed at the surface
and the wind is always faster up on the sails. It's great to sail everyday
because you see the weather and sailing conditions in a sequence rather than
isolated events as most sailors do here. Believe me, I'm a Korean War
veteran and spent many consecutive months at sea. Your can probably read the
sea much better than others. You know, it did get lonely at times at least
you have a stunningly beautiful woman on board. That Beneteau is one heck of
a boat and I'm glad you are enjoying the hell out of it. I don't understand
why you have so many detractors. All should be looking up to you for your
experience and sailing spirit. What do you do to keep the gulls away with
women on board? Enjoy!

Lloyd Bonifide

posted to alt.sailing.asa

14 kts? Certainly not steady at 17-20.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
14 kts? Certainly not steady at 17-20.

The Kings Point station (about 1.6 miles south of City and Hart
Islands) was reading 8-10, gusting to 12-13 much of the afternoon.
However, between 3:30 and 6, there were some stronger gusts, as strong
as 16 and 17 knots. The steady wind was not over 11 knots after 3:42.

This is from a NOAA station that records every 6 minutes.

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/dat...rmat=View+Data
http://tinyurl.com/rwzr7
posted to alt.sailing.asa

you went for another boring daysail?

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Lloyd Bonifide" wrote in message
. ..
I am jelious. You lead an idiotic life.

Now Loyd.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Well, we get shifty winds at 25-35 kts.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:33:30 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

14 kts? Certainly not steady at 17-20.

This is the shifty LIS, Jon. That chart only takes a reading every 60
minutes.
Between any of those readings you could have 20 knot wind for 45 minutes
and it
wouldn't register.

CWM

posted to alt.sailing.asa

What I don't get is why people feel the need to lie about stuff like this.
It's so easy to check and it makes that person look like a loon.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..

Guess no ones seen BB's Boat Joe ASA 11 January 3rd 05 10:45 AM
Oh...oh! Guess who's coming to dinner? Don White General 6 November 26th 04 08:57 PM
Electoral Vote Guess Mr Wizzard General 11 November 2nd 04 05:04 PM
I guess it's the price we pay EdGordonRN ASA 12 May 20th 04 02:26 AM