posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sailing and Swans!

You get no exercise and do nothing other than 2 hour daysails. Nothing
else.

Boy, you sure working hard on this angle.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Some of us have lives of more than one dimension.

You mean on ASA???

And you won't have 150 miles of mountain terrain under your belt either.

And you will have missed the HD premiere of the old Star Trek episodes!

You "go" sailing. Why don't you just "sail". You are always going,
but do
you ever "get there"?

Can go to a place I never left.

I don't enjoy sailing that much so I don't sail that much.

Obviously.

I'd much rather
get a good physical work

Nice, but we all know you're posting 24/7. Are you on a Bowflex as you
type?

My God, you paid
over 60K to flop around in that thing.

We did??!!! Man, we were ripped!

You get no exercise and do nothing other than 2 hour daysails.
Nothing else.

I have a two year old son. Better think it over. I'm in better shape
than you'll ever be and I'm far stronger by far.
Oh....and I sail a lot more than you and have a nicer boat. Last night
I had a better workout in bed with my wife than you'll have on any
mountain trek.
But seriously...aint that kid cute???!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilly said:
Some of us have lives of more than one dimension.

Since most of us live in either the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits, I
would suspect that to be true...Bob, however, lives in the
Matrix...since I haven't been there, I can't speak to that...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

You get no exercise and do nothing other than 2 hour daysails. Nothing
else.

Boy, you sure working hard on this angle.

Because you are weak.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Some of us have lives of more than one dimension.

You mean on ASA???

Your one dimensional life is chronicled here.

And you won't have 150 miles of mountain terrain under your belt either.

And you will have missed the HD premiere of the old Star Trek episodes!

Good point.

You "go" sailing. Why don't you just "sail". You are always going,
but do
you ever "get there"?

Can go to a place I never left.

Then why do you "go"?

I don't enjoy sailing that much so I don't sail that much.

Obviously.

Not only that, sailing weakens the body and constitution!

I'd much rather
get a good physical work

Nice, but we all know you're posting 24/7. Are you on a Bowflex as you
type?

You posting frequency well exceeds anyone else's by a triple margin.

Here's the Google stats for ASA alone:

All time top posters
28416 Capt. Rob
8866
7780 Scotty
7509
7147
7022
7001 Joe
6567
6472
6414

My God, you paid
over 60K to flop around in that thing.

We did??!!! Man, we were ripped!

Include all the work put into it at market price and it is still alot of
money for an undersized cockpit!

Not even 7 feet!

You get no exercise and do nothing other than 2 hour daysails.
Nothing else.

I have a two year old son. Better think it over.

Hiding behind children?

I'm in better shape
than you'll ever be and I'm far stronger by far.

How do you know that? Prove it!

Oh....and I sail a lot more than you and have a nicer boat.

How do you know that? Prove it!

Last night
I had a better workout in bed with my wife than you'll have on any
mountain trek.

Did she bleat like a llama? How well do velcro gloves work on her?

But seriously...aint that kid cute???!!!

Seriously, unless they are mongoloid imbeciles almost all kids are cute. I
bet you were cute at that age. Look at what happened.

For being such a weakling you do have an attractive wife (regardless of the
current hair color), a nice child, a big shiny fast boat (with some
shortcomings), nice camera equipment, a big stereo, a fleet of pricey new
cars, a big valuable coin collection, a nice set of puma knives, acres of
land in Ohio and Pennsylvania, hundreds of thousands in lottery winnings,
several apartment buildings, free boat yard service, 10 lead
ECG-defibrillators, the ultimate in cooking stoves, your own island of the
coast of North Carolina, the finest private schooling for your kid, the
finest cardiac clinic in the world for your wife to work in, a premium
non-collimated telescope, headphones that look like miniature refrigerators,
no need to work, the finest in apartment air filtration, the most modern
self adminstrating colonic machine, a roller bearing ouija board, free AOL
accounts, a bevy of beautiful women for when Sudsy isn't around, 3/4 scale
flotation throw cushions for your cockpit and Krusty as your Siamese twin
(you share a common sphincter). Despite all that you are a weakling. Prove
otherwise!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Gilly said:
Some of us have lives of more than one dimension.

Since most of us live in either the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits, I
would suspect that to be true...Bob, however, lives in the Matrix...since
I haven't been there, I can't speak to that...

I live on Gilligan's Island. Don't change that dial!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
You get no exercise and do nothing other than 2 hour daysails.
Nothing else.

I have a two year old son. Better think it over.

Total nonsense. You're using your kid as the excuse for why you can't
go out of sight of your slip.

When our daughter was a newborn we only went out a few times, but
before she had her first birthday she had made the 100 mile trip to
the Vineyard, further than you've gone in your life. By her second
she had done another trip to the Vineyard and one to Maine, in a boat
smaller than yours, without even air conditioning! When she was three
she crossed Lake Ontario in heavy weather, done the Erie Canal, and
cruised much of Long Island Sound and Buzzard's Bay, and the Islands.
By six she had sailed the entire east coast, from Bar Harbor to Key
West and back.

Face it Bob, you're a daysailor because you don't like spending more
than a few hours at a time on a boat. Not that there's anything wrong
with that.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Jeff wrote:
Capt. Rob wrote:
You get no exercise and do nothing other than 2 hour daysails.
Nothing else.

I have a two year old son. Better think it over

I think Bob's referring to the fact that having a 2 year old provides
plenty of exercise...been there, done that and I'm here to tell you, if
you're an active parent with toddlers you very seldom carry any excess
weight..(unless you eat what's leftover on their plates..yech...)
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:

"katy" wrote in message
Gilly said:
Some of us have lives of more than one dimension.

Since most of us live in either the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits, I
would suspect that to be true...Bob, however, lives in the Matrix...since
I haven't been there, I can't speak to that...

I live on Gilligan's Island. Don't change that dial!

How come it was "Gilligan's" Island? Why wasn't it the Skippers?
Didn't the Professor and Mary Ann deserve a bit of it? We demand a
redistribution of the wealth, (Max is going to get ****ed)!

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

katy wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Capt. Rob wrote:
You get no exercise and do nothing other than 2 hour daysails.
Nothing else.

I have a two year old son. Better think it over

I think Bob's referring to the fact that having a 2 year old provides
plenty of exercise...been there, done that and I'm here to tell you, if
you're an active parent with toddlers you very seldom carry any excess
weight..(unless you eat what's leftover on their plates..yech...)

Who knows what Bob is talking about?

But I don't buy that one kid provides you with enough exercise - maybe
two or three headed in different directions.

Joe Screws the Pooch Capt. Rob ASA 13 June 13th 06 10:06 PM
The "Practical" sailor? Capt. Rob ASA 88 January 13th 06 06:59 PM