posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Topic changed from .. One minute of Longitude--at your Latitude?

Hello all,

For obvious reasons I changed the name of the Topic.

Some of you had asked me to post some pics from this far away place.
Here are a few. I will put together a better collection some days
later. Frankly, I wasn't ready!

http://sports.webshots.com/album/554357540LRIHtQ

Comments welcome!

Ravi

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

wrote:

Hello all,

For obvious reasons I changed the name of the Topic.

Some of you had asked me to post some pics from this far away place.
Here are a few. I will put together a better collection some days
later. Frankly, I wasn't ready!

http://sports.webshots.com/album/554357540LRIHtQ

Comments welcome!

Thanks putting up these pics. Your club looks very nice,
that is quite a fleet of Optis. Some of the kids look big
enough to get in a Laser.

Did the club import the Maxi 77s? That is not a very common
boat, although there is one around here. My impression is
that it's pretty roomy for it's size. Another boat I am
curious about is the lapstrake one in the second pic, looks
to have a gaff or gunter rig. Is there any interest in
catamaran of skiff sailing in your area?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa

DSK wrote:

Did the club import the Maxi 77s? That is not a very common
boat, although there is one around here. My impression is
that it's pretty roomy for it's size. Another boat I am
curious about is the lapstrake one in the second pic, looks
to have a gaff or gunter rig. Is there any interest in
catamaran of skiff sailing in your area?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

The Maxi 77s were imported by us (a group of friends) in our individual
capacity. They are not club owned.

The boat you are curious about almost belongs in a museum. Its the
Waterwag. Of Irish origin I am told. I believe there are just a few
left in the world. We have three of them in sea worthy condition! A
few in excellent condition exist in one of the clubs in Ireland where
one of our sailors recently visited.

I have not seen a catamaran sailed in our area. But about a couple of
hundred miles north of us there a few die hard sailors who race the
cats.

Ravi

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Hello again Ravi-

wrote:
The boat you are curious about almost belongs in a museum. Its the
Waterwag. Of Irish origin I am told. I believe there are just a few
left in the world. We have three of them in sea worthy condition! A
few in excellent condition exist in one of the clubs in Ireland where
one of our sailors recently visited.

Yes, it's still a racing class at several clubs in Ireland.
They are classic boats, I did a little searching and found
some info.
http://www.dlharbour.ie/content/hist...water_wags.php

My wife & I visited Ireland a few years back and I
definitely would like to go again, we did not do much
sailing, just played tourist. Cork & Kinsale harbors look
like magnificent places for sailing though.

I apologize for asking so many question, thanks very much
for your answers and also for showing us your photos. If you
have any question about North Carolina and what sailing is
like here, please feel free to ask.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:
Hello all,

For obvious reasons I changed the name of the Topic.

Some of you had asked me to post some pics from this far away place.
Here are a few. I will put together a better collection some days
later. Frankly, I wasn't ready!

http://sports.webshots.com/album/554357540LRIHtQ

Comments welcome!

Ravi

Your wife is beautiful...loved the Opti fleet...my granddaughters
learned to sail on an Opti and a Butterfly...great boats for just
fooling around...

posted to alt.sailing.asa

katy wrote:

Your wife is beautiful...loved the Opti fleet...my granddaughters
learned to sail on an Opti and a Butterfly...great boats for just
fooling around...

Thanks Katy and Bart.

Will post more over time.

JG .... we sail in Chennai (or Madras as it used to be known) in south
eastern India.

Ravi

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ah... I've only been to the city formerly known as Bombay. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote in message
ups.com...

katy wrote:

Your wife is beautiful...loved the Opti fleet...my granddaughters
learned to sail on an Opti and a Butterfly...great boats for just
fooling around...

Thanks Katy and Bart.

Will post more over time.

JG .... we sail in Chennai (or Madras as it used to be known) in south
eastern India.

Ravi

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Nice pictures. Where do sail? (might have missed the location info)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

oups.com...