Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Cut to shorten - enscapulated keel

Has anyone any experience shortening a fiberglass enscapulated keel
that's packed with lead pellets.. I've seen posts that it's been done
with solid lead, but nothing about a keel of this type. Thinking I
could mold a lead bulb to add the weight back in.Found a dandy boat
with 3' draft but want trailerable, they were also built with fixed
shoal draught version at 2'3" I could pattern from. Experience anybody?
tom

Somebody, stop me!