posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default No Test Sail for Doug, the King of Keels!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Out of the left side of his mouth:

the vast
majority of production boats are VERY close right down to the wiring.

And yet, in this same thread out of the right side of his mouth:

As for our van, the recall was not for our Sedona's serial #. Only some
vans were effected.

So, is your foot positioned in the middle of your mouth?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

And yet, in this same thread out of the right side of his mouth:

As for our van, the recall was not for our Sedona's serial #.

Yeah, those Pearson brake recalls REALLY effected sailing
performance!!! And my Sedona has totally different handling and
features from other 2006 Sedonas!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! Gilly, you're another bag of farts who pretends
to sail!

Hooooh ahhhh!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Yeah, those Pearson brake recalls REALLY effected sailing
performance!!! And my Sedona has totally different handling and
features from other 2006 Sedonas!!!

Thank you.

It was Jonathan who said:

Every boat is different. Sailing a "sister ship" only gives one a fuzzy
picture of what another boat is like. Fine for general impressions, but
not
worth much instead of a sea trial.

It was Doug who said:

Agreed, but then it's also true that you can learn a lot
about how a boat sails... specifically, what techniques it
rewards and which ones it doesn't... sailing a sistership.

The vast majority of production boats are far from
one-design, details of hull construction (if not actual hull
shape) and rig vary tremendously over a production run.
Still, the basic proportions of hull, foils, rig, etc are so
close that the boats will behave pretty much the same. Then
again, to jump on a sisership with different sails &
different tuning might give you the impression that it's a
completely different boat.

As for the specifics of a given boat's gear, deck layout,
wiring, etc etc... you're right on, a sistership is useless
as a teaching platform.

I'm glad to see you agreeing with them. They both have lots of experience,
qualifications and awards for sailing. You will learn a lot from them in
during your long sailing apprenticeship.

BTW A Pearson sailboat does not have brakes. I can understand your
gullibility and all, but who ever told you that did you no favor. Other Kia
2006 Sedonas do have the potential for radically different handling and
performance. That's why they were recalled.

Hang in there Bob, you'll catch on. Eventually.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

BTW A Pearson sailboat does not have brakes.

Ever hear of a SEA ANCHOR??? Ever use one??? BWAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

2006 Sedonas do have the potential for radically different handling
and
performance.

Yep, mine is on 13 inch tires!!!

Oh, Gilly! You're soooo silly. But you're still a bag of farts just
like Doug who doesn't sail.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

There is really a lot to admitre about you Rob. Just like the boy who hung
out at the newspaper loading docks who eventually got a route, went on to
become a reporter and then the owner of the paper, you hang out out the
marina, eager to run any errand, do any chore to get your start. With time
and perserverance you'll move up to wharfside laddie-boy and then when you
need less supervision you'll get to work the holding tank pumps or at least
hold the hose. Your youthful inexperience will soon transform to middle age
ineptitude.At that level you'll be performing tasks requiring minimal
supervision and maybe be given some tasks requiring use of your own limited
judgement. Stick to it Robbo, you can do it!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
news

Doug is a know nothing, non-sailing, Bag of Farts and now Gilly is a
know nothing, non-sailing bag of farts.

That is one of the greatest compliments a person could be served. Thank you
kindly for classifying me in the same sailing category as Doug King. While I
believe he is leagues beyond my experience and ability, your consideration
of me as his peer is warmly appreciated.

Thank you,

Gilligan

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:
"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
news

Doug is a know nothing, non-sailing, Bag of Farts and now Gilly is a
know nothing, non-sailing bag of farts.

That is one of the greatest compliments a person could be served. Thank you
kindly for classifying me in the same sailing category as Doug King. While I
believe he is leagues beyond my experience and ability, your consideration
of me as his peer is warmly appreciated.

Thank you,

Gilligan

Those of us who know Doug, know the truth. BS obviously doesn't know
him. Neither does CWM. They should be so lucky.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Gilligan wrote:
"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
news

Doug is a know nothing, non-sailing, Bag of Farts and now Gilly is a
know nothing, non-sailing bag of farts.

That is one of the greatest compliments a person could be served. Thank
you kindly for classifying me in the same sailing category as Doug King.
While I believe he is leagues beyond my experience and ability, your
consideration of me as his peer is warmly appreciated.

Thank you,

Gilligan

Those of us who know Doug, know the truth. BS obviously doesn't know him.
Neither does CWM. They should be so lucky.

I think the opposite may be true and they could be acting out of jealousy or
even worse. Krusty has made it be known that Doug's wife is a doctor that is
head of an entire medical division at one of the world's greatest university
hospitals and BS wife is an entry level nurse (trade school educated) at a
single specialty institution. How could BS top that? Then it is easy to find
out that Doug is a champion sailor and has sailed for many decades. How
could BS top that? Doug can afford to run a trawler and he's looking for a
largish racing sailboat. How can BS top that? Doug lives in a beautiful area
with more trees in his yard than BS has in a quarter mile radius. How can BS
top that? Add to that Doug's licensed professional maritime qualifications
(held for decades), Doug's science backed college education, Doug's ability
to think rationally, Doug's knowledge of history, economics, all things
nautical, his musical abilities, etc there is nothing BS can top. That's why
the relentless personal attacks by BS. He is simply jealous or may even be
tinged by hatred.

I don't like to see Robert abused by so many, so I think when he puffs
himself up with his many maritime fantasy-experiences - surveyor, harbor
pilot, electrical technician or whatever Walter Mitty thought happens to be
occupying his mind at the time we should be the better person, amuse him and
offer encouragement.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:
"katy" wrote in message
Gilligan wrote:
[...]

Counter-productive. Entrenching him in his own delusions will only
serve to make the problem worse. I see your point about the foundations
of his claims against Doug, but do not think it should be played into.
Rather. he should be castigated and brought to his senses..or at the
very least, reminded to take his meds and keep his shrink appointments.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:28:25 -0400, katy wrote:

Gilligan wrote:
"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
news

Doug is a know nothing, non-sailing, Bag of Farts and now Gilly is a
know nothing, non-sailing bag of farts.
That is one of the greatest compliments a person could be served. Thank you
kindly for classifying me in the same sailing category as Doug King. While I
believe he is leagues beyond my experience and ability, your consideration
of me as his peer is warmly appreciated.

Thank you,

Gilligan

Those of us who know Doug, know the truth. BS obviously doesn't know
him. Neither does CWM. They should be so lucky.

You are correct that I do not know Doug personally. He knows just as much about
me. All either of us knows is what is presented here in usenet for evidence. I
suspect we are probably both very wrong on many counts. But all we are ever
likely to know of each other is what gets written here, so as far as I am
concerned, Doug will continue to be judged as the obnoxious ignorant blowhard
who doesn't sail, but says he does. That's what has been presented here.

Now watch for his snappy and mature response...

CWM

Yet others here have told you that he does indeed sail and sails often.
I suppose you can call us all liars, but that wouldn't be the truth.
Doug does sail, is very knowledgeable about sailing, and is very
pleasant to be around socially. He is an interesting conversationalist
and is well-informed on a variety of subjects. He also has a good sense
of humor and is pretty laid back You can believe that or not, but as a
person who knows him in real life, I think you would do well to temper
your judgment.

tyvek (long) William R. Watt Boat Building 2 June 30th 04 05:09 AM
Depthsounder and Transducer test equipment Rusty Burke Electronics 0 October 29th 03 01:42 AM
test Donal ASA 0 July 15th 03 10:43 PM
test Bobsprit ASA 0 July 15th 03 07:30 PM
test Capt. Mooron ASA 0 July 15th 03 07:29 PM