posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin Killed

yea, i was lookin @ the cnn wire

-----snip-----------------

SYDNEY, Australia (CNN) -- Tributes from around the world are flowing
in for Steve Irwin, the enthusiastic Australian "Crocodile Hunter" who
enthralled audiences around the world with his wildlife adventures.
Irwin died Monday morning after being attacked by a stingray while
shooting a TV program off Australia's north coast. Irwin's manager and
friend John Stainton said Irwin died doing what he loved -- filming
life in the wild. Typical of the hundreds of tributes that have been
e-mailed to CNN.com is this one from Tina Treece of Pittsburgh,
Pennsylvania: "Crikey, I miss him so much already." Australian Prime
Minister John Howard, who knew Irwin and his family well, praised him
as a "passionate environmentalist" who promoted a serious conservation
message. "He made an extraordinary contribution to creating a
widespread appreciation of the value and uniqueness of Australian
wildlife," Howard said. Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said his
friend Irwin was "always the showman" who was generous with his time in
promoting Australia. Actor Russell Crowe told Australian media Irwin
was "the Australian we all aspire to be." Irwin was snorkeling at Batt
Reef, a part of the Great Barrier Reef offshore from the town of Port
Douglas, when the incident happened.

"He came over the top of a stingray that was buried in the sand, and
the barb came up and hit him in the chest," Stainton said.

Ringmaster wrote:
when snorkeling, one rarely has a regulator
in their mouth....duhhhhh....

Well duhh, I wasn't there. I read he was killed while diving. Diving
usually requires a regulator.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

The guy was Jacko in khaki. Any respectable Australian would distance
himself from this publicity hound. Remember him feeding his infant son to
the crocodile?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:
The guy was Jacko in khaki. Any respectable Australian would distance
himself from this publicity hound. Remember him feeding his infant son to
the crocodile?

I thought that was Capt Rob. But seriously, Gilligan, you have to admit
that Irwin has gone out in a highly individualist style. There has only
been one previously confirmed fatality from stingrays in Australia prior
to this, and one possible. Crocodiles on the other hand are eating
somebody quite frequently now.

--

Flying Tadpole
----------------------------------
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Flying Tadpole" wrote
[snip]
Crocodiles on the other hand are eating somebody quite frequently now.

You'd think that person would get out of the water.
Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scout wrote:
"Flying Tadpole" wrote
[snip]
Crocodiles on the other hand are eating somebody quite frequently now.

You'd think that person would get out of the water.
Scout

Ah. An undercover agent for OzTours. "yes but it's only one body at a
time"...

I note today that the Fraser Island dingoes have graduated to eating
toddlers.

--

Flying Tadpole
----------------------------------
http://www.soundclick.com/flyingtadpole
http://music.download.com/timfatchen
http://music.download.com/internetopera

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scout wrote:
"Flying Tadpole" wrote
[snip]
Crocodiles on the other hand are eating somebody quite frequently now.

You'd think that person would get out of the water.
Scout

Maybe they like it......
posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

"Flying Tadpole" wrote
[snip]

Scout wrote:
You'd think that person would get out of the water.

I guess their identity is being kept relatively secret for
obvious reasons.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
Gilligan wrote:
The guy was Jacko in khaki. Any respectable Australian would distance
himself from this publicity hound. Remember him feeding his infant son to
the crocodile?

I thought that was Capt Rob. But seriously, Gilligan, you have to admit
that Irwin has gone out in a highly individualist style. There has only
been one previously confirmed fatality from stingrays in Australia prior
to this, and one possible. Crocodiles on the other hand are eating
somebody quite frequently now.

The irony has parallels:

"Struck down
By the sword of a hero, let me fall--
Steel in my heart, and laughter on my lips!"
Yes, I said that once. How Fate loves a jest!--
Behold me ambushed-- taken in the rear--
My battlefield a gutter-- my noble foe
A lacky, with a log of wood! ..."

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Bob is offline

Gilligan wrote:
The guy was Jacko in khaki. Any respectable Australian would distance
himself from this publicity hound. Remember him feeding his infant son to
the crocodile?

Hey..... **** you. The guy is DEAD.

May people say the same when you die.

From: (Bobsprit)
Newsgroups: alt.sailing.asa
Date: 09 Jun 2004 11:11:55 GMT
Subject: HAHAHAHA!!!!
What a terrible insult to Reagan!!!! Even in death, the diaper wearing
corpse
gets used like a cheap pawn.
Perfect!

RB