posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Rainy Day Sail

I had hopes that today would be like yesterday....cloudy, cool and
breezy...but we only got the last part. An hour into the sail rain
became steady and pretty annoying. I still love the sound of the rain
on the water and we were sailing beautifully, but no fun for Thomas
below decks for most of it, so we came back fast. We were the only
sailboat out. When we got back I finally hooked up the wireless laptop
and tomorrow will mount our new gear.
Ah well. This should all clear out by Wednesday....and we'll sail every
day there's wind!

Hope you all are getting in some sailing!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message ps.com...
|I had hopes that today would be like yesterday....cloudy, cool and
| breezy...but we only got the last part. An hour into the sail rain
| became steady and pretty annoying. I still love the sound of the rain
| on the water and we were sailing beautifully, but no fun for Thomas
| below decks for most of it, so we came back fast. We were the only
| sailboat out. When we got back I finally hooked up the wireless laptop
| and tomorrow will mount our new gear.
| Ah well. This should all clear out by Wednesday....and we'll sail every
| day there's wind!
|
| Hope you all are getting in some sailing!

Some of us can only dream of sailing more than once or twice a year.
You and your fine family are so fortunate to be able to sail so often.

Keep us informed on your latest exploits as reading your posts is
the next best thing to being able to afford a fine sailboat and having
the means to support family and hobby in style.

Envious...

Paladin

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Keep us informed on your latest exploits as reading your posts is
the next best thing to being able to afford a fine sailboat and having
the means to support family and hobby in style.

Our sailing is very very modest. Mostly daysails with a very local
overnighter now and again. Certainly there are folks who are doing far
more with their boats. Where I am fortunate is that my wife likes
sailing and our first real summer of sailing with our son has been a
supreme joy.
We ask Thomas..."Do you want to go to the zoo?"
"No!" He says
"Do you want to take a bath?" He loves bathes, but says "No!"
"Do you want to go to the boat?"
He smiles everytime and says, "Yes! Boat, boat!!"
So I feel quite lucky and our new vessel has been exactly what we had
in mind for the perfect boat for the area. And of course we never ever
wanted anything but a sailboat. No crappy trawlers for us.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message ups.com...

| Keep us informed on your latest exploits as reading your posts is
| the next best thing to being able to afford a fine sailboat and having
| the means to support family and hobby in style.
|

| Our sailing is very very modest. Mostly daysails with a very local
| overnighter now and again. Certainly there are folks who are doing far
| more with their boats. Where I am fortunate is that my wife likes
| sailing and our first real summer of sailing with our son has been a
| supreme joy.
| We ask Thomas..."Do you want to go to the zoo?"
| "No!" He says
| "Do you want to take a bath?" He loves bathes, but says "No!"
| "Do you want to go to the boat?"
| He smiles everytime and says, "Yes! Boat, boat!!"
| So I feel quite lucky and our new vessel has been exactly what we had
| in mind for the perfect boat for the area. And of course we never ever
| wanted anything but a sailboat. No crappy trawlers for us.

Now, be nice! DSK can't help it he got old and would rather motor than sail.
Look at it this way. He's stuck in the Intracoastal and won't spoil your
fresh air or view out on the 'big water.'

Paladin

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

| "Capt" Rob wrote
| So I feel quite lucky and our new vessel has been exactly what we had
| in mind for the perfect boat for the area.

Actually, a Flying Scot would have been a much better
choice. Bigger cockpit, no dangerous winches, no
child-hazardous open transom.

Paladin wrote:
Now, be nice! DSK can't help it he got old

All things considered, it beat the alternative. And I am
younger than most people who can claim to be born during the
Eisenhower Administration... last honest Republican to hold
the job!

.... and would rather motor than sail.

Nothing like a good reliable diesel engine when you want to
GET there.

Look at it this way. He's stuck in the Intracoastal and won't spoil your
fresh air or view out on the 'big water.'

Now that was funny. Be nice, indeed!

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Actually, a Flying Scot would have been a much better
choice. Bigger cockpit, no dangerous winches, no
child-hazardous open transom.

Doug King is so smart he thinks a 35s5 has an open transom.

All things considered, it beat the alternative.

Your wife wanted a Seadoo and you managed to win THAT battle???
BWAHAHAHA!

And I am
younger than most people who can claim to be born during the
Eisenhower Administration... last honest Republican to hold
the job!

Nice to know I'll be sailing when you're long gone.

Nothing like a good reliable diesel engine when you want to

GET there.

Fortunately some of us prefer sailing over motoring. It's not about
"getting" anywhere. It's about the sailing yourself. Doug lost sight of
that...or I bet his wife did. A trawler? Just buy another car and be
done. That'll really get you there.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Now, be nice! DSK can't help it he got old and would rather motor than
sail.

Actually, Doug himself posted that he hoped his wife would like the C&C
121 at a boat show and want that. It's clear that she had no problems
giving up sail for power. On the other hand, if DSK was looking at a
great boat like the 121, he certainly had hopes far away from anything
like a Sundowner 36.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Keep us informed on your latest exploits as reading your posts is
the next best thing to being able to afford a fine sailboat and having
the means to support family and hobby in style.

Our sailing is very very modest. Mostly daysails with a very local
overnighter now and again. Certainly there are folks who are doing far
more with their boats. Where I am fortunate is that my wife likes
sailing and our first real summer of sailing with our son has been a
supreme joy.
We ask Thomas..."Do you want to go to the zoo?"
"No!" He says
"Do you want to take a bath?" He loves bathes, but says "No!"
"Do you want to go to the boat?"
He smiles everytime and says, "Yes! Boat, boat!!"

Ahhhh.. You must be sooo proud! He sounds more intelligent than his
parents.

Regards

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Donal" wrote in message ...

| "Capt. Rob" wrote in message
| ups.com...
|
| Keep us informed on your latest exploits as reading your posts is
| the next best thing to being able to afford a fine sailboat and having
| the means to support family and hobby in style.
|

| Our sailing is very very modest. Mostly daysails with a very local
| overnighter now and again. Certainly there are folks who are doing far
| more with their boats. Where I am fortunate is that my wife likes
| sailing and our first real summer of sailing with our son has been a
| supreme joy.
| We ask Thomas..."Do you want to go to the zoo?"
| "No!" He says
| "Do you want to take a bath?" He loves bathes, but says "No!"
| "Do you want to go to the boat?"
| He smiles everytime and says, "Yes! Boat, boat!!"
|
| Ahhhh.. You must be sooo proud! He sounds more intelligent than his
| parents.

At least little Thomas has a mom and a dad. Have you discovered the identity
of your father yet?

Paladin

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ahhhh.. You must be sooo proud! He sounds more intelligent than his
parents.

LOL, Donal. Are you sailing? We're really having a blast on the 35s5.
In case you missed it, these are the 35s5 pages (4 so far) that I'm
working on.

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/index.html

RB
35s5
NY

Ping Thom. Peter Wiley ASA 27 November 1st 05 08:04 AM
Sail Ho! [email protected] General 1 September 9th 05 10:54 PM
Sail boats that don't sail... Tim General 3 August 2nd 05 12:26 AM
The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM
Wanted: DN Sail for Donation or cheap for BSA Troop Rob General 0 February 23rd 04 02:30 PM