posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Lemon Fishing, on topic for this group

Frank Boettcher wrote:
On 19 Jul 2006 08:55:31 -0700, "Joe" wrote:

Frank Boettcher wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:34:23 -0400, DSK wrote:

"Joe" asked
.......... Best tasting fish on earth?

Scotty wrote:
Walleye.

Bluefish... no wait, salmon

DSK

Elaboration regarding the cooking method required:

For grilling or broiling, Joe is right. Lemonfish, Ling, Cobia or
whatever you call it is tops, although I like salmon also.

For baking en papiotte, pompano cannot be beat.

Whats papiotte? Sounds french....

It is. Means in a bag. Cooked in a parchment pouch with herbs and
vegetables.

For deep frying, Grouper, skinless, boneless, and cut into chunks

Yummy...

For smoking very fresh mullet.

smoked bait?

No cast netters in your area? We catch them fresh. clean them brine
soak them for a little while then slow smoke them. Great! keep for
weeks.

Sounds good. I'm not a big fan of mullet but might be due to an hard
week on the beach.
One summer I arrived in Freeport about a week early to stay on the
beach and await crew change. Someone stole my wallet at a highway
parkside stop. Had to survive on fried mullet and ranch style beans for
a week.

My Father in Law threw a cast net wading every Sunday morning even in
the winter and would fry mullet for all comers by mid morning. Fresh
caught mullet and fried green tomatoes for breakfast with cheese
grits. Can't be beat.

Sounds delicious. We get fresh tomatoes from the local feed store,
grown in the hempstead area, ohhhh man are they tasty.

Of course they won't keep for more than a day which is why they are
not a popular fish for eating.

Camping finger food!

For stuffing, whole gulf flounder.

Guy caught a 30 pounder here a few weeks ago.

For catching, speckled trout (spotted weakfish to you east coasters)
caught in the grassbeds in the fall with live shrimp for bait.

Do you use trout poppers?

Yes

I have a secret spot near here! Schools of 100 's chasing shrimp both
ways on a tital splash, when it's hot it's hot! Popper to rattle, about
18 inches deep with a shrimp and it's a fun fight every time.

Joe

Frank

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Scotty wrote:
"Joe" asked

.......... Best tasting fish on earth?

Walleye.

Why walleye? Were do you catch them, and with what?

Lakes and streams. Jigs.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Frank Boettcher" wrote

Elaboration regarding the cooking method required:

Walleye and Perch, filleted , skillet fried over a campfire.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"DSK" wrote in message
"Joe" asked
.......... Best tasting fish on earth?

Scotty wrote:
Walleye.

Bluefish... no wait, salmon

I finally had some Mahi Mahi ,on a cruise ship last month.
Good stuff!

SBV