Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default newbie has a stupid question.

We recently became the proud owner of a Neptune 16. We are keeping it
in the water on a lake in NE Washington. I've made a sailcover for the
main but find that the mainsail (which has a rope luff that goes in the
mast slot), comes out of the slot when I lower the sail. Is there some
sort of sail "stop" made for this type of rigging so I won't have to
thread the sail into the slot every time? Or is there some sort of
improvised thingie that would do the job?

Also...As we are keeping the boat in the water for the season, any
suggestions on what I should be doing to keep boat in good shape.
(Like....should I remove the rudder or leave it in the water? Raise
the outboard out of the water every day? We will probably be using
boat 2 or 3 times a week.

Appreciate any suggestions. As Hubby is disabled, I'm doing it all
myself and would like to not make any stupid mistakes. Thanks!

Sandy