posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Sedona to North Carolina

After a 3000 mile trip, our Sedona is working flawlessly. No rattles,
buzzes or other signs of problems. Power is really really nice. MPG
averaged
on a drive from NYC to North Carolina was 23.1 MPG with 4 people and
luggage. Driving throught heavy rain and high winds at typical speeds
(75-85 MPH), the van never felt unstable. Noise levels are quite low.
So far this continues to be the mini van to beat. The only real issue
is that a loaded one is really not all that cheap anymore...but hey,
that sound system with DVD 7.1 surround sound is one of th best stock
systems on the market. Add Sirius radio and a Garmin C340 GPS and
you'll be all set! BTW, the Garmin is better than ANY factory installed

unit I've tried (Acura RL & Lexus 330) and can be used in more than one
car.
Just for kicks I took the Sedona to 110 MPH and was pleasantly
surprised that it remained glued to the road. With a mini-van you
really want torque on tap and that's where the Toyota really falls
short. Then again, just get into a new Sedona and the Toyota and Honda
feel dated anyway. I've revised my opinion....the Kia Sedona (as other
reviews agree) is now king of the mini vans.
But I'm keeping my STI, which I just drove damn fast through heavy rain
to stock up the boat!

Capt RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
After a 3000 mile trip, our Sedona is working flawlessly.

3000 miles round trip from NYC to North Carolina!

No rattles,
buzzes or other signs of problems.

Except for the odometer!

Power is really really nice.

Steering? Locks? Brakes? Seats?

MPG
averaged
on a drive from NYC to North Carolina was 23.1 MPG with 4 people and
luggage.

The Sienna clobbered that. 26 mpg to Jackson Wyoming and 32 mpg driving
around Yellowstone. That's all high altitude, hilly driving. When the
buffalo walked out in front of the car and we hit it all we had to do was
hose off the car - one small scratch and as good as new! The buffalo flew 20
feet into the air.

Driving throught heavy rain and high winds at typical speeds
(75-85 MPH), the van never felt unstable.

That 's what they all say before they roll it.

Noise levels are quite low.
So far this continues to be the mini van to beat.

Beat like a drum.

The only real issue
is that a loaded one is really not all that cheap anymore

And that happened right after you bought yours, right?

....but hey,
that sound system with DVD 7.1 surround sound is one of th best stock
systems on the market. Add Sirius radio and a Garmin C340 GPS and
you'll be all set! BTW, the Garmin is better than ANY factory installed

unit I've tried (Acura RL & Lexus 330) and can be used in more than one
car.

The GPS comes in handy driving at 90 mph in high torrential rains because
you can't see the road or the signs.

Just for kicks I took the Sedona to 110 MPH and was pleasantly
surprised that it remained glued to the road.

Didn't it go 110 mph when you were fleeing the alligator?

With a mini-van you
really want torque on tap and that's where the Toyota really falls
short.

How short is that?

Then again, just get into a new Sedona and the Toyota and Honda
feel dated anyway.

And guess what. When Toyota does the model change the Sedona will be an old
decrepit dinosaur that can't even get out of its way.

I've revised my opinion....the Kia Sedona (as other
reviews agree) is now king of the mini vans.

Great! Just like the NY Mets have a baseball dynasty!

But I'm keeping my STI, which I just drove damn fast through heavy rain
to stock up the boat!

Wouldn't that Tribeca just plow through the rain? What ever happened to that
mistake?

Capt RB
35s5
NY