posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Bobsprit Returns

Back at last, I'm doing a lot of sailing this week after only sailing
the Hobie 2 days for the whole week. They were pretty long sails though
and a lot of fun. I just have to get one for the LIS.
Trip odd point: Suzanne was swimming just inside the surf line when she
spotted a large log floating 20-30 yards away. She kept an eye on it.
After a few minutes I saw her waving to me. I thought something might
be wrong so I took off and got out to her fast. By that point I could
see she was waste deep and slowly walking backwards. The "log" was a
7-9 foot long Alligator. A moment later my father also joined us
(holding Thomas!!!!). That was too much ruckus and the gator swam off.
He was spotted further down the beach later on and some parents pulled
their kids from the water. Gator's are not spotted often, but a nearby
river is where they live. My father said that while gators are able to
handle salt water, it's not their preferred waters. He said it's hard
on their second eyelids if they're in it too long. Some locals said it
was only the second or third such sighting at the beach in quite a few
years.
We've come back to heavy rain, but I'm off to Heart of Gold to have her
ready for a week of very fast sailing!

My new website will be up soon! It will include many sailing pics and
detailed notes on our Beneteau 35s5.

Capt RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

_______________________________
My new website will be up soon! It will include many sailing pics and
detailed notes on our Beneteau 35s5.
Capt RB
35s5
NY
_______________________________

So What? More promisers?

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/Pneuma

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Edgar

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com.
snip..
After a few minutes I saw her waving to me. I thought something might
be wrong so I took off and got out to her fast. By that point I could
see she was waste deep...

I am glad I do not sail in LIS...

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...

| So What? More promisers?

S'matter, forget how to spell?

Your,
RWE

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man,
which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." -- G. Gordon Liddy

Bobsprit Asked Me.... Capt.Mooron ASA 11 February 12th 06 06:43 PM
Bobsprit: Cyberglutton Bret Cahill ASA 6 December 12th 05 03:08 AM
Why Bobsprit is a lost soul Martin Baxter ASA 7 November 11th 05 12:24 PM
Why Bobsprit is a lost soul Bozo ASA 0 November 9th 05 07:44 PM
What Bobsprit wrote: Capt. Neal® ASA 5 November 1st 05 01:33 PM