posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default Nice Hull

For a power boat.

I think the Person 38 True North has the finest lines of any new
powerboat on the market.

We have one in the yard now, even the solid bronze Capt nemo styled
skeg looks sleek and salty.

Underwater exhaust, 5 blade 32X38 prop will pin you in your seat and
you never hear the engine rev-up.

http://boatdigest.com/mar05/tn38.jpg

Nice lake runabout fer sure.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Yeah I know...still I like the Pearson...They make OK sailboats too!

My boats bad enough to fill up with fuel....I never thought I'd be able
to carry a thousand dollars worth of diesel!

The guys who have the big cigar boats here will be spending 3-4
thousand a weekend to play with their toys.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Joe wrote:
I think the Person 38 True North has the finest lines of

any new
powerboat on the market.

They're not very new, been around ten years or so.

Personally, I don't like the looks of the stern much. But
it's a nice enough variation on the same old picnic boat theme.

Joe wrote:
Yeah I know...still I like the Pearson...They make OK sailboats too!

Pearson made a number of great sailboats including a
lift-keel 21-footer I'd like to find one of.

My boats bad enough to fill up with fuel....I never thought I'd be able
to carry a thousand dollars worth of diesel!

The guys who have the big cigar boats here will be spending 3-4
thousand a weekend to play with their toys.

And complain about it loudly to anybody who'll listen. Many
of them will putt-putt around more slowly and discover they
get better mileage. Others will take the boat out less. Some
will sell out while you can still get money for such boats.

My prediction- in ten years or less, you'll be able to buy
all the SUVs and cigarette boats and ATVs you want, for
pennies on the dollar.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

The Cigar boaters will not complain..that will make them look like they
can not afford it Doug....

Instead they will spend major time pretending to work on the engine's,
they will only spend enough on fuel to rev up the engines here at that
dock so everyone will pay attention to them.

For the average cigar boater it is 95% about the image...Then there are
the 5% into serious speed and racing.

You can pick up a 4WD V10 Ford 1 ton truck pretty cheap now!

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Martin Baxter

DSK wrote:
l!

The guys who have the big cigar boats here will be spending 3-4
thousand a weekend to play with their toys.

And complain about it loudly to anybody who'll listen. Many
of them will putt-putt around more slowly and discover they
get better mileage. Others will take the boat out less. Some
will sell out while you can still get money for such boats.

My prediction- in ten years or less, you'll be able to buy
all the SUVs and cigarette boats and ATVs you want, for
pennies on the dollar.

As I said a little while ago, when you consider what one of these
phallic substitutes costs, (say with quad blown 454s), upwards of half a
million clams, a few thousand in fuel is chump change. A good many of
those that I see up here are driven by daddy's spoiled brat anyway and
sure as shootin' they don't give a tinkers dam about spending daddy's
bucks!

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Martin Baxter wrote:
As I said a little while ago, when you consider what one of these
phallic substitutes costs, (say with quad blown 454s), upwards of half a
million clams, a few thousand in fuel is chump change. A good many of
those that I see up here are driven by daddy's spoiled brat anyway and
sure as shootin' they don't give a tinkers dam about spending daddy's
bucks!

The part about spending daddy's money is the truth all
right... but you're missing an important point. The price of
gas (and of a weekend's fun) is in a different category than
the price of the bot itself. You can get long term finance
on a big vroom-vroom... that's really cheap. All but free in
today's world. But a place to park it and the gas to run it
are both on short-term credit (which can be free for a while
if you're willing to keep jumping card companies) which runs
dry sooner & is more costly... and the cost is more obvious
even to people who think nothing of having a couple (or
more) maxed-out credit card accounts.

Anyway, we'll see!

DSK