posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Default Anniversary

Joe wrote:
She was into astrology.

Regan was allowed to view the craft and dead alien pilots. He often
made refrences to it.
Remember the UN speech about it?

Joe

No. Was that after he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's?
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

General Assembly of the United Nations. Towards the end of his speech
to the Forty-second Session on September 21, 1987, the President said
that, "in our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget
how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some
outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond.

"I occasionally think," continued Reagan, "how quickly our differences
worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside
this world. And yet, I ask" -- here comes the clincher -- "is not an
alien force ALREADY among us?"

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Joe wrote:
General Assembly of the United Nations. Towards the end of his speech
to the Forty-second Session on September 21, 1987, the President said
that, "in our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget
how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some
outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond.

"I occasionally think," continued Reagan, "how quickly our differences
worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside
this world. And yet, I ask" -- here comes the clincher -- "is not an
alien force ALREADY among us?"

Joe

Man, that's REALLY taking words out of context....
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Well the key clue to his being in the loop is that he acknowledges that
he often thinks about the subject.

Why waste time thinking about a problem unless you are going to have to
face it?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Goldwater wanted to see the UFO's but Curtis LeMay wouldn't allow it. He
said so on the Art Bell show.

Amen!

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well the key clue to his being in the loop is that he acknowledges that
he often thinks about the subject.

Why waste time thinking about a problem unless you are going to have to
face it?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Peter Wiley

In article .com, Joe
wrote:

General Assembly of the United Nations. Towards the end of his speech
to the Forty-second Session on September 21, 1987, the President said
that, "in our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget
how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some
outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond.

"I occasionally think," continued Reagan, "how quickly our differences
worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside
this world. And yet, I ask" -- here comes the clincher -- "is not an
alien force ALREADY among us?"

He was referring to his fellow Californians.

PDW
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
. ..

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was underway between Subic bay and Deigo Garcia 25 years ago today. A
guy on the ship said he had a dream of the president getting shot, and
we heard it about it later in the day. Spooky

Were we you when Regan was shot?

I was in the Titan Missile Assembly Facility at Martin Marietta Aerospace.

Interesting. Was that the plant south of Denver?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
And Al Haig was "in control" for a brief period. :-)

Ah, good 'ol Al Haig. A take-charge sort of fellow.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
. ..

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was underway between Subic bay and Deigo Garcia 25 years ago today. A
guy on the ship said he had a dream of the president getting shot, and
we heard it about it later in the day. Spooky

Were we you when Regan was shot?

I was in the Titan Missile Assembly Facility at Martin Marietta
Aerospace.

Interesting. Was that the plant south of Denver?

Max

That's the Waterton Plant.

Glory!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
. ..

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
. ..

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was underway between Subic bay and Deigo Garcia 25 years ago today. A
guy on the ship said he had a dream of the president getting shot, and
we heard it about it later in the day. Spooky

Were we you when Regan was shot?

I was in the Titan Missile Assembly Facility at Martin Marietta
Aerospace.

Interesting. Was that the plant south of Denver?

Max

That's the Waterton Plant.

Where is Waterton?

By the way, I toured that Denver plant when they had an open house one
Sunday in the early 70s. Absolutely fascinating. We got to get up close
and personal to the launch vehicles they had there--can't recall which they
were--plus touring the prototype for the Skylab Multiple Docking Adaptor and
being hands-on with the Viking Mars lander. That tour was a high-point in
my young life at the time.

Max