posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Default Great sailing this weekend

The weather was just about perfect... here are some pics...

http://sailnow.photosite.com/MemberSail3192006/

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Isn't it dangerious to use gloves sailing?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Wha?????

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
Isn't it dangerious to use gloves sailing?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Ever get a glove finger tip caught in a bind? I almost had my hand
sucked into a tugger that pinched the finger tip between two strands on
the spool. The glove squeezed like one of those chinese finger cuffs, I
just barely got my hand out in time.

I don't like gloves, jewelery, long hair, anything that can get caught
on running rigging.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Joe wrote:
Ever get a glove finger tip caught in a bind? I almost had my hand
sucked into a tugger that pinched the finger tip between two strands on
the spool. The glove squeezed like one of those chinese finger cuffs, I
just barely got my hand out in time.

I don't like gloves, jewelery, long hair, anything that can get caught
on running rigging.

Joe

Well, duh, Joe. Haven't you ever seen sailing gloves? Mine don't
have fingertips...the tips are exposed...the gloves come up over the
first joint and fit right...if they're lose, they're no good.
Peruse your West Marine catalog...they're in there...

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"katy" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
Ever get a glove finger tip caught in a bind? I almost had my hand
sucked into a tugger that pinched the finger tip between two strands on
the spool. The glove squeezed like one of those chinese finger cuffs, I
just barely got my hand out in time.

I don't like gloves, jewelery, long hair, anything that can get caught
on running rigging. Joe

Well, duh, Joe. Haven't you ever seen sailing gloves? Mine don't have
fingertips...the tips are exposed...the gloves come up over the first
joint and fit right...if they're lose, they're no good. Peruse your West
Marine catalog...they're in there...

Joe would like those gloves. It would be easier for him to pick his nose
with them.

Amen!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Mine have fingers except for the thumb and index finger. Warmer that way.
Don't care if I lose my small finger. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"katy" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
Ever get a glove finger tip caught in a bind? I almost had my hand
sucked into a tugger that pinched the finger tip between two strands on
the spool. The glove squeezed like one of those chinese finger cuffs, I
just barely got my hand out in time.

I don't like gloves, jewelery, long hair, anything that can get caught
on running rigging. Joe

Well, duh, Joe. Haven't you ever seen sailing gloves? Mine don't have
fingertips...the tips are exposed...the gloves come up over the first
joint and fit right...if they're lose, they're no good. Peruse your West
Marine catalog...they're in there...

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"katy" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
Ever get a glove finger tip caught in a bind? I almost had my hand
sucked into a tugger that pinched the finger tip between two strands on
the spool. The glove squeezed like one of those chinese finger cuffs, I
just barely got my hand out in time.

I don't like gloves, jewelery, long hair, anything that can get caught
on running rigging. Joe

Well, duh, Joe. Haven't you ever seen sailing gloves? Mine don't have
fingertips...

I have two pairs of fingerless gloves, but my cold weather Gill gloves have
full fingers.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Well, I suppose anything can happen if you don't know what you're doing...
:-)

I wouldn't want to see the women have rough hands.... :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

oups.com...

Learning to sail the USA way. ARG ASA 82 March 23rd 06 01:10 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 February 26th 06 05:29 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 November 16th 05 05:32 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 November 2nd 05 05:32 AM