posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Default Great sailing this weekend

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
Ever get a glove finger tip caught in a bind? I almost had

my hand
sucked into a tugger that pinched the finger tip between

two strands on
the spool. The glove squeezed like one of those chinese

finger cuffs, I
just barely got my hand out in time.

I don't like gloves, jewelery, long hair, anything that

can get caught
on running rigging.

I suppose this means you don't allow Mys Terry to go bra
less on the boat.

Pity,

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Joe wrote:
Isn't it dangerious to use gloves sailing?

Joe

Huh? I use sailing gloves all the time...I have a pair of elastic-y
neoprene gloves and a pair of canvas...I like the feel of the
neoprene better, but the canvas work better...lines won't slide on
the canvas where they will on the neoprene...
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

I have a set of full neoprene gloves also, but only use those in the winter.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"katy" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
Isn't it dangerious to use gloves sailing?

Joe

Huh? I use sailing gloves all the time...I have a pair of elastic-y
neoprene gloves and a pair of canvas...I like the feel of the neoprene
better, but the canvas work better...lines won't slide on the canvas where
they will on the neoprene...

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

During Winter, I use my sailing gloves as driving gloves.
They work well.

Scotty

"katy" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
Isn't it dangerious to use gloves sailing?

Joe

Huh? I use sailing gloves all the time...I have a pair

of elastic-y
neoprene gloves and a pair of canvas...I like the feel

of the neoprene
better, but the canvas work better...lines won't slide

on the canvas where
they will on the neoprene...

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
The weather was just about perfect... here are some pics...

http://sailnow.photosite.com/MemberSail3192006/

very nice JG!
Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Scotty wrote:
Lucky you.

SV
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
The weather was just about perfect... here are some

pics...
http://sailnow.photosite.com/MemberSail3192006/

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Neat pictures...the cityscapes are incredible. At night it must
look like a fairy land with all the lit up building on the sides of
the hills. I have never been to San Francisco...only as far north
as the sordid L.A. but I can see that it would be an excellent place
to sail (even though you do have a tremendous amount of sharks in
the Bay...).
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Funny you should mention sharks.. one of the women was going to start Scuba
and was concerned about it. I reminded her that Tiberon means shark in
Spanish. :-) I've never heard of anyone getting bitten by a shark in the
bay, but they are just about everywhere. If they liked to eat people, it
wouldn't be possible to swim in the ocean.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"katy" wrote in message
Scotty wrote:
Lucky you.

SV
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
The weather was just about perfect... here are some

pics...
http://sailnow.photosite.com/MemberSail3192006/

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Neat pictures...the cityscapes are incredible. At night it must look like
a fairy land with all the lit up building on the sides of the hills. I
have never been to San Francisco...only as far north as the sordid L.A.
but I can see that it would be an excellent place to sail (even though you
do have a tremendous amount of sharks in the Bay...).

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"katy" ...

Neat pictures...the cityscapes are incredible. At night

it must
look like a fairy land

and by day, it's San Francisco.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Scotty" wrote in message

"katy" ...

Neat pictures...the cityscapes are incredible. At night

it must
look like a fairy land

and by day, it's San Francisco.

It was just too easy, Scoot.

Max

Learning to sail the USA way. ARG ASA 82 March 23rd 06 01:10 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 February 26th 06 05:29 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 November 16th 05 05:32 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 November 2nd 05 05:32 AM