posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Default Dutchman System

Dave,

I have and use a Topping Lift. I find it much simplier than a Solid
Vang. I can use it in very light air to lift the Boom and let the Main
increase its draft. I can un-clip it and store it at the foot of the
mast ( Which I often do, but use it when Moored) Doesn't change any of
my reasons.

I also use it to provide help for the back stay when sailing with the
150% Genny only. Which I do often. With Mid Boom sheeting tensioning
the topping lift I can match Sail pressure without hoisting the Main.
Without "Dutchman Lines" blowing in the breeze:^)

I, myself. think the Dutchman System is a very poor substitute for Lazy
Jacks. Also; cost more, create more wear, require more rigging and
require custom sails and sail covers.

I'll stick with the LJ, thank you!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/Pneuma

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Martin Baxter

Dave wrote:

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:41:07 -080

And you infer from your preference for the setup on your boat that the same
considerations should determine all others' preferences for their setups, I
take it.

Now you're infering and inference from a preference?

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Martin Baxter wrote:
Now you're infering and inference from a preference?

No, he's averring that your preference can't take precedence
over his inference.

Pardon my irreverent & irrelevant interference.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Martin,

Thank you! At least two of us see what Dave is attempting to do. I
suscept many more are aware of this.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/Pneuma

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Martin Baxter

Martin Baxter wrote:
Now you're infering and inference from a preference?

No, he's averring that your preference can't take precedence
over his inference.

Pardon my irreverent & irrelevant interference.

Where's Jax when you need him?

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Doug,

Seems Dave is trying to use the ASA to hone his 101 debating skills;
which have become extremely DULL:^)

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/Pneuma

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Dave wrote:
Doug's OK too. He just gets caught up in the nonsense of the loony left
sometimes. g

Like what?

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

He didn't put the cart in front of the horse. But, you know what you see
when you put the horse in front of the cart...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

.. .

Martin Baxter wrote:
Now you're infering and inference from a preference?

No, he's averring that your preference can't take precedence over his
inference.

Pardon my irreverent & irrelevant interference.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

As so goes the "Dutchman" as the topic.

Ah! what the hell it us getting used up.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/Pneuma

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Martin,

Thank you! At least two of us see what Dave is attempting

to do.

Sound like a lawyer?

SV

Dutchman System Thom Stewart ASA 0 March 2nd 06 11:37 PM
HOMELAND SECURITY DEPARTMENT UNVEILS CHENEY ALERT SYSTEM JR North General 0 February 14th 06 11:55 PM
WEAR-FREE COLD ENGINE STARTS -prelubrication oil system Mic Cruising 0 November 11th 05 04:58 AM
Did You Pick the Wrong Boat? Capt. Rob ASA 38 November 2nd 05 11:22 AM