posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default Best Rat Rifle

Has to be a Remington model 550-I .22 with a Simmons Pro 50 scope,
using bird shot.

Only problem is CB rounds jam.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Joe wrote:
Has to be a Remington model 550-I .22 with a Simmons Pro 50 scope,
using bird shot.

Only problem is CB rounds jam.

Joe

You need a scope to shoot rats???
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

To hit them between the eyes I do. I have shots from 35 feet to 350
feet from the wheelhouse.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

..22 bird shot to shoot rats? The rats would laugh at you.
Are you shooting them in your bilge?
I use a Ruger, Single Six, from the holster, more
sporting.

Scotty

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Has to be a Remington model 550-I .22 with a Simmons Pro

50 scope,
using bird shot.

Only problem is CB rounds jam.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Rat shot, bird shot, same thing. For over 50 ft I use the CB rounds.

It's spring here (80 degrees today) and the rats are running the rocks
and soon we will have many running all over the peninsula here. I'd
rather shoot them then see the dock hands poison them.

Sighted in the scope today at lunch. Can hit a dime at 45 ft from a
slightly rocking boat.

Maybe a bit of after dinner sport tonight.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Joe" wrote in message

Maybe a bit of after dinner sport tonight.

You gonna bait a barrel and shoot the ones that fall in????

You Texans couldn't hit the broad side of a barn... even locked inside and
sober!

..22mag.... 50 ft... light matches... no scope.... that's how it's done!

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Gonna put out a pile of bird seeds..... pop a top...maybe turn on some
janis joplin or listen to Houston Marine Traffic and wait.

It's a bit harder hitting a small target on a rocking boat Mooron, we
have 20 kt gusts now and a bit of sloshing in the marina, a sporting
chance for the rats I say.

Lighting matches...bwahahahahaha regular annie oakley eh!

When you going to be posting the picture of Kira? You haven't lost her
again have you?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Capt.Mooron wrote:
"Scotty" wrote in message

.22 bird shot to shoot rats? The rats would laugh at you.
Are you shooting them in your bilge?
I use a Ruger, Single Six, from the holster, more
sporting.

Yeah... just the "lady's calibre" I'd expect from a Yankee Doodle Dandy....

Want to make a real impact.. .44Mag. with 240gr hollowtip.... they blowed
up Real Good!

CM

Mr Sails blew up a possum with that kind of load...there was possum
pieces all over the yard..I prefer one dead body to pick up and
throw away...
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"katy" wrote in message

Mr Sails blew up a possum with that kind of load...there was possum pieces
all over the yard..I prefer one dead body to pick up and throw away...

He gets you to pick up the pieces???? Man! ... are you well trained or
what!
Do you fetch as well?? :-)

CM-

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message

"Scotty" wrote in message
.22 bird shot to shoot rats? The rats would laugh at

you.
Are you shooting them in your bilge?
I use a Ruger, Single Six, from the holster, more
sporting.

Yeah... just the "lady's calibre" I'd expect from a Yankee

Doodle Dandy....

Want to make a real impact.. .44Mag. with 240gr

hollowtip.... they blowed
up Real Good!

My ,my that's a BIG gun to shoot a rat.

Are you compensating maybe?