posted to alt.sailing.asa
Albert Frankenstein

Default US Poor Olympic Showing

The true spirit is well-muscled Greek men coated with olive oil and
wrestling each other, or some beraggled guy in sandals running 26 miles to
watch the olive oil men wrestle.

What we have today is so gay!

Sounds like it was more gay back then.

--
Albert Frankenstein

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
nk.net...

snipped to save bandwidth

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
k.net...
The US wins in contrived events.

Snowboarding?

They will not win in manly winter sports such as downhill skiing, the
biathalon, cross country skiing, ice hockey or ski jumping.

Venue ticket sales:

Snowboarding: sold out and SRO--most popular event at the Games.
Downhill: SRO, and lots of room along the course that the organizers had
hoped would be filled. And it's one of the best downhill courses in the
world.
Biathalon: "Whazzat" (average Olympics spectator query)
X-C racing: Most of the course looks like a wilderness, devoid of people or
other signs of life
Hockey: Men's: less than 50% ticket sales, women's: about 85% ticket
sales. finals sold out for women's, but still about 60% for men's
Ski jumping: sold out. Okay, everyone finds that fascinating, if maniacal.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"katy" wrote in message

Snowboarding is a Michigan sport. Boarding in half-pipes is dangerous.
We taught out kids to ski, but refrained from the whole board business,
not wanting to deal with the broken bones issues in the learning process.

Oh, thanks, Katy. I just took it up last year.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Ringmaster

Bobsleds rule!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Bob Crantz wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Bob Crantz wrote:

The US wins in contrived events.

Snowboarding?

They will not win in manly winter sports such as downhill skiing, the
biathalon, cross country skiing, ice hockey or ski jumping.

They win in hippie events like snowboarding or pagentry events like
figure skating.

Thank God alpine climbing is not a winter event, the US would lose at
that too.

Too many fat kids with imbecile parents. Inneffective public schools.
Video games. It's all going to hell in a handbasket.

Amen!

"Scotty" wrote in message
.. .

Gold Medal Count

United States 3
Russia 2
Norway 1

Where's Canaduh?

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
ink.net...

American kids raise on junk food and video games, it's

really sad.

Amen!

Snowboarding is a Michigan sport. Boarding in half-pipes is dangerous.
We taught out kids to ski, but refrained from the whole board business,
not wanting to deal with the broken bones issues in the learning process.

Curling is the Michigan sport! (Actually, ski jumping on the UP).

Half pipes are contrived, man made.

None of this is in the true spirit of the Olympics! The true spirit is
well-muscled Greek men coated with olive oil and wrestling each other, or
some beraggled guy in sandals running 26 miles to watch the olive oil men
wrestle.

What we have today is so gay!

Women in the Olympics should wear long skirts for modesty. Now the run
around half naked or in some skin type rubber suit!

Why are women in the Olympics anyway?

The should be holding the urns of olive oil!

It should be just olive oil coated men wrestling!

Amen!

Curling is a Canadian sport.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Joe wrote:
Katy ....snowboarding is no more prone to breaking bones than skiing.

Joe

Yeah, you do both, eh, Joe? When was the last time you were on a slope?
posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Snowboarding is a Michigan sport. Boarding in half-pipes is dangerous.
We taught out kids to ski, but refrained from the whole board business,
not wanting to deal with the broken bones issues in the learning process.

Oh, thanks, Katy. I just took it up last year.

Max

Just don't clip anyone in the head coming off the half pipe...
posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Snowboarding is a Michigan sport. Boarding in half-pipes is dangerous.
We taught out kids to ski, but refrained from the whole board business,
not wanting to deal with the broken bones issues in the learning process.

Oh, thanks, Katy. I just took it up last year.

Max

When they set up the luge run at Hoffmaster I was really tempted...
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Yes I do both and prefer a snowboard. Last time on the slope 2003.
Being a lifetime surfer I find ski's boring, unless its slomon water
sking.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

We should give Michigan back to Canada!

Amen!

"katy" wrote in message
Bob Crantz wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Bob Crantz wrote:

The US wins in contrived events.

Snowboarding?

They will not win in manly winter sports such as downhill skiing, the
biathalon, cross country skiing, ice hockey or ski jumping.

They win in hippie events like snowboarding or pagentry events like
figure skating.

Thank God alpine climbing is not a winter event, the US would lose at
that too.

Too many fat kids with imbecile parents. Inneffective public schools.
Video games. It's all going to hell in a handbasket.

Amen!

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

Gold Medal Count