posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz

Default Democracy

In article , Bart Senior .@. wrote:
Israel seems to play games like that. I wonder if it plans
to take back the land it just gave away. I doubt they
would have given it back without pressure by the US
government. and GWB's direction.

Nope. It was Sharon's idea to do this... he followed a policy that was
first seriously discussed by the current PM. There was a great article
in Newsweek about him. I disliked a lot of what he did, including the
deaths in Leb., but he was a flexible thinker.

If anything GWB and the religious right are more pro-Israel than the
Israelies. They *want* conflict in the middle east, since that's where
they believe the prophecies will begin.

http://www.leftbehind.com/channelend...1&channelID=71

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article . net,
Bob Crantz wrote:
Democracy is the form of government where 51% rule the other 49%.

Look at the Palestinian elections. Democracy voted in Hamas to majority.
Hamas is a terrorist organization.

Democracy guarantees mob rule. The US, thankfully has a Republic, a
Constitution founded on individual liberty and an educated, peaceful
people.

Democracy in the Middle East may be a backfiring policy. Palestine has
backfired. Will Iraq backfire too? Warring, theological tribalism is the
culture of the people.

Well, according to your own first and second paragraphs, George
W. Bush is promoting "democracy," when he should in fact be promoting
the formation of republics.

No, he should be staying home in bed.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Vito

"Bob Crantz" wrote
Democracy in the Middle East may be a backfiring policy. Palestine has
backfired. Will Iraq backfire too? Warring, theological tribalism is the
culture of the people.

Already has! Saddam's dictatorship and fundamentaist Islam, such as al Qaeda,
were mortal enemies. Fundy Islamists perp'ed 9/11. In response Blundering Bush
toppled Saddam and replaced his stable dictatorship with a fundy Islamic
"democracy" like Iran's. Go figure ....