posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default My search is over

With some help of a chap in the UK sailing group I got a great lead on
RedClouds builder.

Seems she was not buildt in Lowenstolt England but the orignal owner
registered her there.

She was buildt by a company called De Vires Lentsch in Norway in 1975-6
for Micheal C. Warden as a custom bare hull. Mr Warden took delivery
March 12th 1976.

Walt de Vries Lentsch Jr. was kind enough to provide me lots of great
info and was very happy to hear the boat is still around. I've been
looking for this info since I bought the boat.

Joe
Custom De Vries Lentsch 42
RedCloud

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Scotty wrote:
that's good news, Joe. now it's not a limey boat.

Scotty

Yeah I thought is was good news myself seems they have done everything
from A-Z in steel hulls.

From this http://www.devrieslentsch.com/Zwalker%20plat.jpg

To this
http://www.yachtbrokers-int.com/imag...9s/profile.jpg

And even this http://www.1cyc.com/motoryacht/miaelsie/boat2.jpg

Doug would be happy with a Devries as well

Check out this trawler
http://www.bloemsma-vanbreemen.nl/02.../02_griffioen/

If you look at the hull in progress it exactly the way RedCloud was
framed.

Pretty expensive boats on that side of the pond, and well respected.

Who has anything bad to say about Norway?

Joe

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
With some help of a chap in the UK sailing group I got a great

lead on
RedClouds builder.

Seems she was not buildt in Lowenstolt England but the orignal

owner
registered her there.

She was buildt by a company called De Vires Lentsch in Norway

in 1975-6
for Micheal C. Warden as a custom bare hull. Mr Warden took

delivery
March 12th 1976.

Walt de Vries Lentsch Jr. was kind enough to provide me lots of

great
info and was very happy to hear the boat is still around. I've

been
looking for this info since I bought the boat.

Joe
Custom De Vries Lentsch 42
RedCloud

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Scotty wrote:
that's good news, Joe. now it's not a limey boat.

What's wrong with limey boats?

From this http://www.devrieslentsch.com/Zwalker%20plat.jpg

To this
http://www.yachtbrokers-int.com/imag...9s/profile.jpg

And even this http://www.1cyc.com/motoryacht/miaelsie/boat2.jpg

I had the impression that De Vries was Dutch. The Dutch are
the real masters of steel boat construction, have been at it
for longer than anybody else and built a wider variety of
small vessels.

Doug would be happy with a Devries as well

Check out this trawler
http://www.bloemsma-vanbreemen.nl/02.../02_griffioen/

That's far too big a boat for me. My wants are simple. Could
you picture that 90 footer anchoring in a quiet little creek?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

PO Box 41,
De Rijp,
1483 ZG
Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0) 299 391888

That trawler in a quiet little creek no ....but a atoll like Palmyra
yes.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Goofball_star_dot_etal

On 24 Jan 2006 19:01:43 -0800, "Joe" wrote:

PO Box 41,
De Rijp,
1483 ZG
Netherlands