posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default I get it right every time

All the tests are in for the Subaru Tribeca SUV. We bought this car so
Suzanne would have a tough and safe car to get her to the hospital in
any weather and also as a safe travel car for Thomas. Beyond the fact
that the car rides better than even a Lexus RX 330 and is more quiet
than 60K Mercedes, it's also even safer than almost anything you could
buy. The Tribeca beat all SUVs in the crash tests and was at the top of
the class for for rollover with a no-tip rating of 16%. That's better
than a 53K LandRover! Do I need mention that the Sloco's car can't
touch this car for luxury or safety?
Like the 35s5, we just keep making the best choices all around!!!

http://www.safercar.gov/NCAP/Cars/3797.html

Ahhh...the Subaru Tribeca...now with Sirius Satellite radio!

RB
35s5...the best of all worlds!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Nutsy,

The Lincoln is in the top Five safest car built. You may have to chew on
that for some time

Ole Thom

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

The Lincoln is in the top Five safest car built. You may have to chew
on
that for some time

Which Lincoln, Thom. I see no Lincolns, not even the Navigator with a
full five star rating for front and rear passengers. The Lincoln SUVs
also have higher rollover probability ratings.
No American SUV is worth a damn, which is why the big three are ready
to die. They keep making cuts instead of building good cars. Saw the
Ford Fusion the other day...with the cheapest interior of all time.
Simply disgusting. It's as if US car designer and builders have no
pride at all.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

To put it specifically, the Navigator got a 4 star over rollover
rating, while the Murano and Tribeca scored 5 stars. The MDX and
Tribeca have the highest rear passenger safety ratings ever. Lincoln
would not submit a Navigator for side impact tests, though it scored
well for the front seats.
You do the math...and take a look at the hilarious cheap dash on a
Lincoln while you're at it.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Matt Colie

RB,
I'm glad you like Subarus, but my 1977 FWD wagon was the worst vehicle I
have ever purchased. Far worse than the Vega Z29 is was supposed to
replace. (I only sold it to get the wagon for the new baby.)
I liked it a lot for the first 8 months, then the trouble started.
It had serious corrosion issues with the body and the brakes (the
parking brake didn't make it throught the first winter) byt eh time it
was 18 months old.
When I got a hold of the importer, the nice lady at the other end of the
phone said "The vehicle has a 1 year 12000 mile warrantee." (The most
pleasant FU I'd had been handed in a long time.)
It started to consume lube oil (with changes every 2k) at 60k miles.
The 1st & 2nd syncros were all gone at 68k. The topper was the that the
ring gear broke a tooth at 72k, this left a neat condition that would
cause the wheel to get jerked back straight in a corner.
The parking brake was 2 pieces of 2*4 on along rope so the driver could
pull them in once he was ready to go (you could not count on compression
to hold the vehicle in a packing place if water would run off it.)
I sold it.
I had hoped to get he Vega back, but the owner was rear ended a day
before he was to bring it back.
I hope your luck is different than mine was.
Matt Colie

Capt. Rob wrote:
To put it specifically, the Navigator got a 4 star over rollover
rating, while the Murano and Tribeca scored 5 stars. The MDX and
Tribeca have the highest rear passenger safety ratings ever. Lincoln
would not submit a Navigator for side impact tests, though it scored
well for the front seats.
You do the math...and take a look at the hilarious cheap dash on a
Lincoln while you're at it.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

but my 1977 FWD wagon

I'll try to avoid those 30 year old Subarus.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Nutsy,

I'm using how the insurance companies rate them/ reported by Forbes

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/Pneuma

Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM