posted to alt.sailing.asa
John Cairns

Default US Navy 1 Pirates 0

http://tinylink.com/?XiVbq2C80J

John Cairns

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

They should have sunk the boat and chummed up the
water.

"John Cairns" wrote

http://tinylink.com/?XiVbq2C80J

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Definitely.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
They should have sunk the boat and chummed up the
water.

"John Cairns" wrote

http://tinylink.com/?XiVbq2C80J

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Oh come on Bart...A pirates got to make a living too :0)

Don't tell me if you were from Somolia, had no job prospect, you would
not think about adventure on the high sea's and becoming a
Swashbuckler, a regular Bluebeard with a boat load of booty.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote...
They should have sunk the boat and chummed up the
water.

They would have if the boat hadn't stopped.

Capt. JG wrote:
Definitely.

The article says "fired a round across the bow" but not what
type of shot... 5"/54? 50cal BMG? 76mm? Any of those could
have sunk the boat, but the bigger shell probably would have
shredded it & left no evidence.

Problem- the pirates had been kidnapping people, I think the
Navy wanted to rescue the victims.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

And, after they rescued them.... :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote...

Capt. JG wrote:
Definitely.

The article says "fired a round across the bow" but not what type of
shot... 5"/54? 50cal BMG? 76mm? Any of those could have sunk the boat, but
the bigger shell probably would have shredded it & left no evidence.

Problem- the pirates had been kidnapping people, I think the Navy wanted
to rescue the victims.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Capt. JG wrote:
And, after they rescued them.... :-)

Why waste the taxpayer's bullets? Just run 'em down. One of
the best uses of a steel boat.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Steel boats are soooooooo manly.

SB
35s5
NY

Pirate Ship Seized by US Navy Bryan General 4 January 24th 06 05:51 AM
pirates jlrogers ASA 1 November 27th 05 01:47 PM
Ship Blasted Pirates With Sonic Weapon jlrogers ASA 5 November 8th 05 05:02 PM
Navy is phasing out Paper Charts Joe ASA 10 October 20th 05 05:15 PM