Bryan

Default Pirate Ship Seized by US Navy

By JIM KRANE, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 23 minutes ago

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The U.S. Navy boarded an apparent pirate ship
in the Indian Ocean and detained 26 men for questioning, the Navy said
Sunday. The 16 Indians and 10 Somali men were aboard a traditional dhow that
was chased and seized Saturday by the U.S. guided missile destroyer USS
Winston S. Churchill, said Lt. Leslie Hull-Ryde of U.S. Naval Forces Central
Command in Bahrain.

The dhow stopped fleeing after the Churchill twice fired warning shots
during the chase, which ended 87 kilometers (54 miles) off the coast of
Somalia, the Navy said. U.S. sailors boarded the dhow and seized a cache of
small arms.

The dhow's crew and passengers were being questioned Sunday aboard the
Churchill to determine which were pirates and which were legitimate crew
members, Hull-Ryde said.

Sailors aboard the dhow told Navy investigators that pirates hijacked the
vessel six days ago near Mogadishu and thereafter used it to stage pirate
attacks on merchant ships.

Way to go Boys!

DSK

Bryan wrote:

By JIM KRANE, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 23 minutes ago

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The U.S. Navy boarded an apparent pirate ship
in the Indian Ocean and detained 26 men for questioning, the Navy said
Sunday. .... (snip for brevity) ...

Way to go Boys!

I agree. This is one of the traditional Navy tasks and I'm
glad to see that they are still doing it. I hope everybody
on the Churchill crew gets a medal.

Regards
Doug King ex-BT1(SW)

Bill Kiene

Some American social/political types will probably try to bring those
pirates back here to the US, give them a new house and a small business or
put them on our welfare/Medicare.

Do you realize how much emotional damage our Navy has probably caused those
nice little pirates? They will need lots of professional (expensive) therapy
to get over this terrible injustice. They did not have the luxury of a nice
upbringing like we did so we should not be so mean to them.

(har har)

--
Bill Kiene

"Bryan" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

glad they got some. you can't read a round the world, through the red
sea cruising story without reading about pirates. that's a notorious
area of the world, it's nice to see someone is trying to do something
about it. it's so bad there that small boaters can rest at least a
tiny bit easier knowing that the pirates are so busy with big cargo
ships and things that they might slip through lol. why bother chasing
down a cruising boat to steal some jewelry, pocket change, and
someone's credit card when you can steal pallets full of vcr's and
endless boxes of uncle ben's minute rice.

Bryan

With all due respect, what the heck are you talking about! Now, if that's
your attempt at comedy, don't quit your day job. Just messing with you. On
a serious note, this was just a simple pat on the back for our Navy doing
it's job. I don't really understand why it would elicit the thoughts you
shared. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
. com...
Some American social/political types will probably try to bring those
pirates back here to the US, give them a new house and a small business or
put them on our welfare/Medicare.

Do you realize how much emotional damage our Navy has probably caused
those nice little pirates? They will need lots of professional (expensive)
therapy to get over this terrible injustice. They did not have the luxury
of a nice upbringing like we did so we should not be so mean to them.

(har har)

--
Bill Kiene

"Bryan" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Viscous Drag Calculations For Ship Hull Geometry + other links Mic Cruising 0 November 26th 05 12:28 AM
'Mother ship' behind pirate raids jlrogers ASA 1 November 16th 05 04:48 PM
Skipper and the Pirate Skipper General 0 November 14th 05 02:03 AM
Hard to find a good pirate these days Joe ASA 2 November 5th 05 11:09 PM