Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

Default Big Wind

57 MPH winds accurately clocked at the marina
this morning.

Once again tarps shred while the shrink wrapped boats
held up well. The shrink wrapped boats that had the
material taped to the gunwale started coming apart on a
few boats. Those boats like mine with shrink wrap down
to or close to the waterline came through unscathed.

I'll guess we had more than 65 on top of our hill. It was
scary.

I've heard the winds topped 70 MPH in some places.

The Merritt parkway was closed in Westport when a huge
tree fell across all four lanes. I wish I had my camera for
that one. Rarely there will be one lane blocked or even two.
I've never seen all four lanes blocked! Fortunately, they
cleared my side first. It happened close to an overpass so it
was impossible for cars to drive around it. I have to wonder
was it was like for the people who saw it fall.

History of the Merrit Parkway
http://www.merrittparkway.org/history.htm

from the last storm, now it's up to 94,000, over 270,000 homes
without power in the six states between Pennsylvania to Rhode
Island.

You can be safe, and still wind up with crabs! [email protected] General 1 December 21st 05 05:02 AM
God of wind rcoleman General 5 December 20th 05 11:19 AM
Best Sailing Songs..... Capt. Rob ASA 40 November 21st 05 11:32 AM
Ahhhhhhh, sunscreen, salt water and wind [email protected] Boat Building 0 October 17th 05 03:22 AM
Datamarine wind instrument GBM Electronics 3 October 12th 05 06:28 PM