posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Big Design Flaw!!!

I finally found the fatal and serious flaw in the Beneteau 35s5.
Obviously it's not the way she sails, or her construction or even her
high quality build and interior.
I pulled the batteries Saturday, which are both group 24's and realized
that there isn't room for group 27's in the battery bay, two of which
are sitting in my garage. I'll probably look into setting up a 3rd
battery, but I think Beneteau could have considered folks who might
want those extra amps.

Ah well.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

Why would you need bigger batteries when you have 110volts of AC running
dockside????
Maybe put a forklift battery on the swim platform to power all the
electronics. You should have ample reserve for your 2 hour
cruises...especially with the aux charging the battery!

CM

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
I finally found the fatal and serious flaw in the Beneteau 35s5.
Obviously it's not the way she sails, or her construction or even her
high quality build and interior.
I pulled the batteries Saturday, which are both group 24's and realized
that there isn't room for group 27's in the battery bay, two of which
are sitting in my garage. I'll probably look into setting up a 3rd
battery, but I think Beneteau could have considered folks who might
want those extra amps.

Ah well.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Why would you need bigger batteries when you have 110volts of AC
running
dockside????

Ummm...because I don't. Whatever made you think such a thing?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

You should have ample reserve for your 2 hour
cruises...especially with the aux charging the battery!

What about our 3 day weekends on anchor and wanting to run the fridge,
lights, stereo, LCD TV for a couple of nights? Do you think two well
charged GRP 24's will handle that?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

but **** you very much for the thought in
trying to keep us uptodate.

Wow! Another guy who hasn't gotten laid...ever!!! Now I wonder who "in
the shadow: could be??? Couldn't be a sockpuppet, now could it???

Bwahahahahahaha!

RB
35s5...the boat that gets action
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Capt. Rob wrote:
You should have ample reserve for your 2 hour
cruises...especially with the aux charging the battery!

What about our 3 day weekends on anchor and wanting to run the fridge,
lights, stereo, LCD TV for a couple of nights? Do you think two well
charged GRP 24's will handle that?

RB
35s5
NY

Why have a boat, for goodness sake? You can stay home and do that
stuff....
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Why have a boat, for goodness sake? You can stay home and do that
stuff....

You can stay home and have good sex too. Do it aboard and you'll have
great sex! Some folks like music and even a classic film after sailing,
Katy. It's fine if you don't. It's even fine if you're okay with good
rather than great sex.

RB
35s5...A better boat than Katys
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Capt. Rob wrote:
Why have a boat, for goodness sake? You can stay home and do that
stuff....

You can stay home and have good sex too. Do it aboard and you'll have
great sex! Some folks like music and even a classic film after sailing,
Katy. It's fine if you don't. It's even fine if you're okay with good
rather than great sex.

RB
35s5...A better boat than Katys
NY

non sequitar...

Your life is way too cluttered...
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

What a brilliant woman!

Amen!

Clutter is the distraction from life.

Glory!

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. Rob wrote:
Why have a boat, for goodness sake? You can stay home and do that
stuff....

You can stay home and have good sex too. Do it aboard and you'll have
great sex! Some folks like music and even a classic film after sailing,
Katy. It's fine if you don't. It's even fine if you're okay with good
rather than great sex.

RB
35s5...A better boat than Katys
NY

non sequitar...

Your life is way too cluttered...

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Our life is frittered away by detail. An honest man has hardly need to
count more than his ten fingers, or in extreme cases he may add his ten
toes, and lump the rest. Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, let your
affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand; instead of a
million count half a dozen, and keep your accounts on your thumb-nail. In
the midst of this chopping sea of civilized life, such are the clouds and
storms and quicksands and thousand-and-one items to be allowed for, that a
man has to live, if he would not founder and go to the bottom and not make
his port at all, by dead reckoning, and he must be a great calculator indeed
who succeeds. Simplify, simplify. Instead of three meals a day, if it be
necessary eat but one; instead of a hundred dishes, five; and reduce other
things in proportion.