posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Big Design Flaw!!!

I finally found the fatal and serious flaw in the Beneteau 35s5.
Obviously it's not the way she sails, or her construction or even her
high quality build and interior.
I pulled the batteries Saturday, which are both group 24's and realized
that there isn't room for group 27's in the battery bay, two of which
are sitting in my garage. I'll probably look into setting up a 3rd
battery, but I think Beneteau could have considered folks who might
want those extra amps.

Ah well.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

Why would you need bigger batteries when you have 110volts of AC running
dockside????
Maybe put a forklift battery on the swim platform to power all the
electronics. You should have ample reserve for your 2 hour
cruises...especially with the aux charging the battery!

CM

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
I finally found the fatal and serious flaw in the Beneteau 35s5.
Obviously it's not the way she sails, or her construction or even her
high quality build and interior.
I pulled the batteries Saturday, which are both group 24's and realized
that there isn't room for group 27's in the battery bay, two of which
are sitting in my garage. I'll probably look into setting up a 3rd
battery, but I think Beneteau could have considered folks who might
want those extra amps.

Ah well.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Why would you need bigger batteries when you have 110volts of AC
running
dockside????

Ummm...because I don't. Whatever made you think such a thing?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

You should have ample reserve for your 2 hour
cruises...especially with the aux charging the battery!

What about our 3 day weekends on anchor and wanting to run the fridge,
lights, stereo, LCD TV for a couple of nights? Do you think two well
charged GRP 24's will handle that?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Capt. Rob wrote:
You should have ample reserve for your 2 hour
cruises...especially with the aux charging the battery!

What about our 3 day weekends on anchor and wanting to run the fridge,
lights, stereo, LCD TV for a couple of nights? Do you think two well
charged GRP 24's will handle that?

RB
35s5
NY

Why have a boat, for goodness sake? You can stay home and do that
stuff....

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Why have a boat, for goodness sake? You can stay home and do that
stuff....

You can stay home and have good sex too. Do it aboard and you'll have
great sex! Some folks like music and even a classic film after sailing,
Katy. It's fine if you don't. It's even fine if you're okay with good
rather than great sex.

RB
35s5...A better boat than Katys
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Capt. Rob wrote:
Why have a boat, for goodness sake? You can stay home and do that
stuff....

You can stay home and have good sex too. Do it aboard and you'll have
great sex! Some folks like music and even a classic film after sailing,
Katy. It's fine if you don't. It's even fine if you're okay with good
rather than great sex.

RB
35s5...A better boat than Katys
NY

non sequitar...

Your life is way too cluttered...
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
You should have ample reserve for your 2 hour
cruises...especially with the aux charging the battery!

What about our 3 day weekends on anchor and wanting to run the fridge,
lights, stereo, LCD TV for a couple of nights? Do you think two well
charged GRP 24's will handle that?

Sure Bob... no problem. What do you think the charter boats do in the
tropics???
Of course you'll have to learn to only waddle to the fridge once a night and
take out what you need instead of testing the hinges like you do on your
home unit. You run your aux to charge the bank in case your day's run of 5
hours charge time was insufficient to overcome the draw of the electronics
required to keep you entertained. Let's see now... you have a kid and it's
summer, the sun sets at around 2100hrs... so lights out at 2200hrs because
you're not accustomed to late night parties. A lab top can run the DVD....
and viola.."Bob's Your Uncle" ... 2 group 24s worked fine.

But I would go with the forklift battery strapped to the swim platform...
it'll actually give the area a use and you can run the deck floods and turn
on every light for the whole night. You could balance the forklift battery
to port with a ginormous genset to stbd of the swim platform.

BTW - you only have one bank because your boat is a POS designed for day
sails by newbies.

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Mooron pointed out

BTW - you only have one bank because your boat is a POS designed for day
sails by newbies.

CM

Think that may be the same reason for the size of the holding tank?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mooron pointed out

BTW - you only have one bank because your boat is a POS designed for day
sails by newbies.

CM

Think that may be the same reason for the size of the holding tank?

Let's face it... Bobsprit claims to be a sailing enthusiast but his
priorities define him as wanting a Motorhome! He would be much better off on
a Nordhaven Trawler which could generate the electrical requirements to
operate all the "conveniences" he wants to surround himself with while out
at "sea" on the roaring LIS.

We all know that Bob is no sailor, this has been clarified repeatly by his
rational for what he considers primary importance in a sailing vessel....

Bob is the type of person that would well suit the Blue Blazer and lil'
Captain's Hat, power boat mentality kind of person.... waddling down the
dock to his hugh trawler. Then he could sit in his converted Lazy boy chair
at the helm, never again to complain of wheel marks on his stomach, spin his
power steering wheel with the clamped on turn knob, flip on his home theatre
system, activate his 30 speaker surround sound unit, fire up the air
conditioner, have real teak as opposed to cheap plastic veneer, have a real
galley to feed his enormous appetite, have an actual salon he wouldn't have
to turn sideways to navigate, have full standing head room and a king size
bed to be turned down again by Suzanne claiming a headache, to enjoy "great
sex" manually while Suzanne snored, have an intercom for Thomas's room, have
a diesel genset in a sound proof room, have a real swim platform, and last
but not least .... have a bigger place than the apartment he currently lives
in.

Yup... as you can see... Bob is a Power Boater... and "jealious" of Doug!!!

CM