posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

Default Sirius and Ipod on Board

I may buy a new iMac. I thought it would be
another year to ship those out.

"rgnmstr" wrote
The Apple Ipod G5 60 gig is the latest personal audio/video system
available from Apple...

Wrong as usual. The latest one is just now being shown at the CES Show.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

I listen only to short wave radio. It has a true "old time" radio effect,
especially during solar flares and spy rays can't go over the short wave.

Amen!

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Suzanne just bought me the Sirius Replay radio for the car and boat!!!
For those of you who have yet to try Satellite radio, you'll never
listen to regular radio again. XM is also excellent.

Good Grief.... I've had Sirius Radio aboard for a while now.

What Back Water 3rd World Country do you live in???

BTW - I still listen to regular radio as well.

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

I listen only to short wave radio. It has a true "old time" radio
effect,
especially during solar flares and spy rays can't go over the short
wave.

What kind of SW radio? I bought a cheap S350 Grundig, not bad but kind
of limited and drifty until temps are leveled out. I'd like to buy a
cheap SW radio for the boat.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

It has a true "old time" radio effect,

Sirius has channels for real old time radio shows, everything from War
of the Worlds to Lights Out.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote ...
I may buy a new Mac. I thought it would be
another year to ship those out.

You putting the 50 or 60 horse outboard on?

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

--
"Swab Rob" wrote
I bought a cheap S350 Grundig,

Mama always said, cheap is as cheap does.

FG

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Collins R-390 for home use.

Kenwood TS-140S for portable, plus it transmits. Good for marine use.

Icom R-1 for wideband portable.

Tektronix 2712 for wideband surviellance.

HP 8565 and 8555 for slightly higher frequency coverage.

For antennas I use magnetic loops, dipoles, log periodics, discones and
yagis.

Those portable little Grundigs lack input and IF filtering. I could run my
TS-140S right next to a livestock fence shocking system and completely
filter out the 10 kV impulses. The DAC shortwave I had (a cheapo) was wiped
out.

The TS-140S would be ideal for you. It's 100 watts SSB transmit.

The Icom R-1 is physically too small and has bands where the reception is
very poor. There's a few birdies in the thing also. The battery is small
also. The R-390 doubles as a great anchor.

Amen!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
I listen only to short wave radio. It has a true "old time" radio
effect,
especially during solar flares and spy rays can't go over the short
wave.

What kind of SW radio? I bought a cheap S350 Grundig, not bad but kind
of limited and drifty until temps are leveled out. I'd like to buy a
cheap SW radio for the boat.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

But they don't have guys in thick foriegn accents denouncing the United
States.

Plus it's free!

It is interesting to hear news from around the world. What one gets from the
US media is very narrow in scope, plus some events are completely ignored.

Amen!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
It has a true "old time" radio effect,

Sirius has channels for real old time radio shows, everything from War
of the Worlds to Lights Out.

RB
35s5
NY

[...]