posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Default Sailboat do-over!

Some of my fondest memories are from sailing my little 16'
daysailer.
I never considered it a stepping stone.

Scotty

"rgnmstr" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've always been quite happy with my boats too. I owned a

Sunfish for
a number of years. I owned the Merit for 9 years and the

Express will
be 9 years this season. Never had twofootitis.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:57:11 -0500, "Scotty"
wrote:

Some of my fondest memories are from sailing my little 16'
daysailer.
I never considered it a stepping stone.

Scotty

"rgnmstr" wrote in message
roups.com...
I've always been quite happy with my boats too. I owned a

Sunfish for
a number of years. I owned the Merit for 9 years and the

Express will
be 9 years this season. Never had twofootitis.

That's what it's about. What I remember about the boats I've owned is
the good times I've had aboard. No boat I've owned was perfect and I
would change things about each of them, however, at the time, they
were the best choices. The quest for the perfect boat is a fools
quest unless funds are completely unlimited and maybe even then.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

The first boat I owned (half owned) was a Sunfish. We used to sail it off
the coast of north county San Diego. We started in Del Mar (and a couple of
times from Encinitas) and took it to La Jolla, where we beached it, had
lunch at an all-you-can-eat Chinese place, then hitchhiked back up the coast
with the Sunfish. It was a great diversion from school.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"rgnmstr" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've always been quite happy with my boats too. I owned a

Sunfish for
a number of years. I owned the Merit for 9 years and the

Express will
be 9 years this season. Never had twofootitis.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Yeah, it was pretty amusing. Of course, the only people who would stop were
those with vans or pickups. Sometimes we'd have a wait an hour or so. Of
course, this was the early 70s, when something like this would have been
possible. We did get a lot of strange looks, and a cop stopped once, but he
couldn't find anything illegal and finally left us alone. (SD cops had a rep
for being quite aggressive those days.)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"rgnmstr" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've always been quite happy with my boats too. I owned a
Sunfish for
a number of years. I owned the Merit for 9 years and the
Express will
be 9 years this season. Never had twofootitis.

FS: 50 feet aluminium sailboat in La Rochelle, France Ddr Lgt Marketplace 0 December 14th 05 08:04 PM
Doug's Sailboat Capt. Rob ASA 38 November 30th 05 01:14 AM
Refurbished Sailboat tracebility Denis Marier Boat Building 1 November 26th 05 03:52 PM
Sailboat or Trawler Capt. Rob ASA 4 November 4th 05 06:12 PM
Speedball 14ft sailboat? Paul Stevens General 3 October 24th 05 12:17 PM