posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Default Hello to all

"Maxprop" wrote
Ah, another Lake Michigan sailor. Welcome. Be advised,

however, that some
here believe Lake M. to be a flat pond bearing neither wave nor

challenge.
Of course we know differently, but we'll/you'll never convince

them.

And then there's some who call it a 'Sea'.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote
Ah, another Lake Michigan sailor. Welcome. Be advised,

however, that some
here believe Lake M. to be a flat pond bearing neither wave nor

challenge.
Of course we know differently, but we'll/you'll never convince

them.

And then there's some who call it a 'Sea'.

Now who would do something like that??

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote
Ah, another Lake Michigan sailor. Welcome. Be advised,

however, that some
here believe Lake M. to be a flat pond bearing neither wave

nor
challenge.
Of course we know differently, but we'll/you'll never

convince
them.

And then there's some who call it a 'Sea'.

Now who would do something like that??

I'd rather not say, they may be closer to me than I care to know.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
J Beck

My son sailed a college regatta at Northwestern last year. Flat nor warm
were not words used much in our conversation!
JB

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"J Beck" wrote in message
My son sailed a college regatta at Northwestern last year. Flat nor warm
were not words used much in our conversation!
JB

We watched a regatta on Lake M. a few years ago, just off Chicago. I
assumed at the time that at least one of the schools participating was
Northwestern. The waves were typical 4-6' closely-spaced chop, and the
northwesterly was a chilly 45 deg. F at about 18kts. The FJs would
disappear behind the waves making it almost impossible to count the number
of boats on the course at any given time. We watched the kids come in from
the final race. It is an understatement to say they looked unhappy.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Cals are great boats!

Ooops..... g

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"BTnH" wrote in message
Hey all;

I just set up newsgroups on my computer, and I am happy to find
knowledgeable and helpful folks to ask when I have questions. I bought an
old 34' Cal last year. My first boat. I managed to not crash or break it
during the first summer of use, but it was mostly luck.

Anyway, a suggestion: some threads are long and hard to follow because
people leave the original message in the reply. If they turned this off
in
their options, send section, the reading would be easier. Just a thought,
and there may be some reason that people leave it on, and I am not smart
enough to figure it out!

Our web site:
http://mysite.verizon.net/respb65u/

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Greetings Brian,

Nice little boat, but whats with the Union Jack?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
BTnH

Been there, too. I usually see questions asked, with one or t2o straight
answers before the conversation deteriorates into a ****ing contest about
how many angels can dance on the mastheads of the individuals' favorite
boats.

There is actually the occasional friendly, helpful response. Hard to
believe, innit?