posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

Default TopClimber - Self Climbing Bosun Chair

Anyone ever use one of these?

TopClimber - Self Climbing Bosun Chair
http://www.tradewindproducts.com/pro...bcategory= 46

How well do they work? How do you get
down, once at the top?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Never used one of these but climbed many thousands of feet on rope in
caves using a similar "Sit-Stand" system based on Prusik knots. To get
down, you reverse the process. You could make your own.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

I think that is what I'm goin to do. I made a list of
things to get. I decided no buying two right hand
ascenders instead of one of each--based on advice
I found online.

As I have wire halyards, I'll have to either change
one over to rope, or else plan to add another halyard
to the mast.

In either case it will be easier to go up with one helper
rather than the team of five I use now.

wrote

Never used one of these but climbed many thousands of feet on rope in
caves using a similar "Sit-Stand" system based on Prusik knots. To get
down, you reverse the process. You could make your own.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
I think that is what I'm goin to do. I made a list of
things to get. I decided no buying two right hand
ascenders instead of one of each--based on advice
I found online.

Ascenders aren't for pussies..... it's still a workout. Try a rope ladder.
You can build one yourself.

As I have wire halyards, I'll have to either change
one over to rope, or else plan to add another halyard
to the mast.

Your Spinnaker Halyard is wire???

In either case it will be easier to go up with one helper
rather than the team of five I use now.

5???? Holy Crap!! Spotters are useless. You can rig your own safety line
and go solo.

I'd get a set of mast steps [folding] if I could afford it right now.

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

Both my spinnaker halyards are wire with rope spliced
50/50.

"Capt.Mooron" wrote

Your Spinnaker Halyard is wire???

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

Dang I hate wire to rope halyards......

It's like something the Commode would use... switch them out Man!

CM

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
Both my spinnaker halyards are wire with rope spliced
50/50.

"Capt.Mooron" wrote

Your Spinnaker Halyard is wire???

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

Oh Good Grief..... Ascenders and use the halyard. then Repel down. Bosun's
chairs are for fat old guys like Bobsprit and Commode Joe.

I use a wrap of rubber inner tube around the ankles and climb the mast like
a Samoan on a Palm Tree.

You Americans are generally so fat, out of shape and with bad hearts that
you'd need a crane and oxygen gear to get your fat asses up that high.

It's no wonder the few healthy ones move into the mountains to avoid the
gelatinous mass of cellulite inhabiting the urban areas of the USA!

CM

CM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Never used one of these but climbed many thousands of feet on rope in
caves using a similar "Sit-Stand" system based on Prusik knots. To get
down, you reverse the process. You could make your own.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

I perfer to dive from the spreaders and swim back to the boat and pull
myself up. Repelling is for you tree huggin snow birds. Most likely
your spreaders could not support your weight... so I understand.

As for going up the mast...Thats simple on a proper cruiser

http://image44.webshots.com/45/1/53/...7ANQKPO_ph.jpg

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

I climb up

http://image44.webshots.com/45/1/53/...7ANQKPO_ph.jpg

Then dive off the spreaders to get down most times.

Moorons spreaders could not handle his weight.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

You Pussy.... you have "Walk-Ups"!!!!

"Joe" wrote in message
Moorons spreaders could not handle his weight.

Oh they can handle normal healthy Canadian Body Weights no problem.... it's
you fat assed cellulite ridden Yanks they weren't designed to accommodate.

Commode Joe has been very good today... he'll get an extra Twinkie tonight!

I bet his sleepy-time meds have kicked in...... and maybe if you give Ms
Terri a wink... she'll provided you with a dose of the same..... you fat
Yankee! I doubt her spreaders could bear your weight as well.

CM