posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default 35s5 Nearly sinks!!!!

"Race week began for me with the feeder race to Key West from Ft.
Lauderdale on a Beneteau 35s5 called Mistral. This was fairly
uneventful and we were even doing quite well in our class until about
midnight when we realized we were taking on water and the pumps weren't
handling it. After a quick search of all the through hull fittings and
seacocks we realized the water was coming in through the anchor locker
and the plastic part up there that is supposed to bail the water out
was gone. So we dropped the main and had to sail the rest of the way on
just a #3 Jib in an attempt to keep the bow up and the boat relatively
flat. Needless to say...you don't win races this way. But we did finish
and not even last in our class! Mostly....the night was long...cold..
....and very wet!"

You pinheads are so lame I have to troll my own boat!
Sheesh.

RB
35s5....Not perfect, but still better than your boat!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
J Beck

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message
You really shouldn't bother...... her lines are sufficient reason to
detest it.

CM

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

See a bottom post:
benatoe what a POS
JB

35s5 vs Express 30 Capt. Rob ASA 34 December 13th 05 02:59 PM
35s5 vs. Express 30 Capt. Rob ASA 0 December 5th 05 11:44 AM
35s5 Continued.... Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 15th 05 11:31 PM
35s5 overall.... Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 15th 05 03:48 PM
35s5 Sinks! Clutch Cargo ASA 0 November 5th 05 03:27 PM