posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default The 35s5 Miracle

Yesterday I unzipped the pastic door of the shrinkwrap on our 35s5 so I
could put the batteries on charge. Taking a look around at the pristine
interior I wondered, "How did they do this?"
The interior is really large, very livable. This is one of the few
boats under 40 feet with a place for me to sleep and a head with leg
room. The interior lacks the beamy room of a Catalina 36, but in every
practical sense the 35s5 is nicer. And the older 36 doesn't lose 16
inches due to a swim platform.
So....how did the designers pull it off? A good sized cabin on a 35.5
foot boat is hard enough...but then throw in a good sized cockpit and
the best swim platform ever....HOW did they squeeze so much into this
hull and still have a boat that rates down to 114 in some areas and is
a blast to sail?
Even when you look at the newest boats, the 35s5 still holds her own.
It's a miracle!

RB
35s5....more race wins than most other designs!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I know how they did it. Ever put a powerful magnet near a computer screen or
tv? See how it distorts the picture? The keel is a huge magnet which
distorts your brain.

It's no miracle.

Amen!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

The keel is a huge magnet which
distorts your brain.

It's no miracle.

I figured it was something like that! It's so nice not to own a slower
ugly boat with a tiny interior like Sloco's. Did you know that the head
on his boat is open to the forward cabin??? Good grief...no enclosed
head.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

. Did you know that the head
on his boat is open to the forward cabin??? Good grief...no enclosed
head.

Look at the bright side --- great ventilation!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Well it beats a Cedar Bucket!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Well it beats a Cedar Bucket!

Even the Gulf 29 PH has an enclosed head!

http://www.gulfpilothouse.com/Resources/G29/Head.jpg

Thom, did you know the Gulf 32 is back in production?

http://www.gulfpilothouse.com/index.html

RB
35s5...a comfy yacht!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Swab Rob" wrote in m

So....how did the designers pull it off? A good sized cabin on

a 35.5
foot boat is hard enough...but then throw in a good sized

cockpit and
the best swim platform ever....HOW did they squeeze so much

into this
hull

Maybe they used tape measures marked in 1/3 inch increments?

Poor Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Maybe they used tape measures marked in 1/3 inch increments?

And ended up with an eight foot cockpit, a big cabin and adult sized
sleeping quarters? Don't think so. Everyone who's been aboard said she
felt more like a 37-38 footer on deck and below.

RB
35s5...the best!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Sum it up like this:

8 foot cockpit, 24 foot main cabin and 10 foot forward cabin.

All in a 35 foot boat!

Main cabin is 16 feet wide.

All in a boat with an 11 foot beam!

7 foot keel and only 4 feet of draft!

It will drive them crazy.

Amen!

Don't forget the Rockettes annual performance on the SWIM PLATFORM!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
J Beck

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well it beats a Cedar Bucket!

Even the Gulf 29 PH has an enclosed head!

http://www.gulfpilothouse.com/Resources/G29/Head.jpg

Thom, did you know the Gulf 32 is back in production?

http://www.gulfpilothouse.com/index.html

RB
35s5...a comfy yacht!
NY

Even a Mac 26 has an enclosed head!!
JB

35s5 vs Express 30 Capt. Rob ASA 34 December 13th 05 02:59 PM
35s5 vs. Express 30 Capt. Rob ASA 0 December 5th 05 11:44 AM
35s5 Continued.... Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 15th 05 11:31 PM
35s5 overall.... Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 15th 05 03:48 PM
35s5 Details Capt. Rob ASA 33 November 11th 05 12:26 PM