posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gary

Default I'm the big wheel around here!

Thom Stewart wrote:
Nutsy,

The Edson cable system requires a simple take up to remove slack; Tell
"Oh Wheel of Wisdom" how the slack is removed from the "R&P System?"
How do you stop gear wear at moorage? R&P steering;----BLAH:^(

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

Oriole has had R&P for 85 years, no slack!
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Moving up in size is not as critical, but
you may have less feel, as less effort is required to turn the wheel.

Still don't get the whole "sailing" thing do ya? The size of the wheel
on a boat like a 35s5 is about reach, not feel. Even our surveyor on
the sea trial commented on the excellent feel of the steering system.
It's better than a big wheel and cheapo Edson cables.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

DOESN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND HIS OWN CAR!!!!!!!!!

Look who's jumping threw hoops now!!! I don't own an STI. And you might
google up a review of the 2006 STI if you really want to pretend you're
informed!

Bwahahahahaha!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Yep, it is about feel.
That said, a large wheel on a yacht is to get feel when sitting on the
side steering with one hand.

Crantz thinks a big wheel should not be found on a sailboat.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Yeah Nutsy,

We all have been watching you go around in big circles for many years.
The same old **** from you 'round and 'round you go.

By the way; if you clip on to my page, in the signature you will see
"Jazz and yours truly sitting behind a wheel the same size as yours.
That by the way is only the outside helm. There is another located
inside. Two steering stations! Does your new Yacht have the ability to
be handled out of the weather?

Hey Nutsy, I like your main sheet set-up. Looks better than mine; if you
are single handing and helming from the side

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

I think the whole thing is boring. Trolls are supposed to be
fun/original/engaging. The subject lacks those items.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Joke: Captain's Wheel Bart Senior ASA 0 November 28th 05 06:29 PM
Saltwater and Trailer Wheel Bearings Bryan General 11 November 28th 05 02:42 PM
Ships Wheel Purchase Brian Whatcott Boat Building 14 November 19th 05 01:31 AM
To My Canadian Friends... [email protected] General 7 November 1st 05 04:55 AM
Loco's ready to POP! Capt. Rob ASA 48 October 30th 05 01:06 PM