BoatBanter.com

-   -   Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car! (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/63741-subaru-tribeca-%3D-boulevard-car.html)

Bob Crantz December 5th 05 03:52 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

The Sabura Tribeca is a whale!

The Toyota Tundra outhandles it!

From Edmunds.com:

Driving Impressions:
Even with the Tribeca's substantial weight of 4,200-plus pounds, it's never
at a loss for power. There's plenty of midrange muscle, and the Subie easily
tackles varying road terrain. Subaru automatics have a tendency to hunt for
gears during mountainous driving, but this is not the case in the Tribeca,
as its reprogrammed transmission holds low gears when needed without early
upshifts. Steering, however, is a bit light for a vehicle of such girth,
which accentuates the Tribeca's heft. On the road, the 2006 Subaru B9
Tribeca drives like a big, heavy truck.

Drives like a big, heavy truck!!!!

Big heavy truck!!!!

What a boulevard car!!!!

aaahaahahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!! !

Even the Lincoln is better!!!!!

aaahaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!! !

Glory!

Next BS will be telling us that the Tribeca is a sports car rather than the
bloated Boulevard SUV it is!!

aaaahaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did Booby say about it's handling? He sure knows cars!!

Steers like a Toyota Tundra!!!

15 mpg!!! Same gas mileage as a Toyota Tundra!!!!

Bob Crantz December 5th 05 03:53 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Most common complaint: Slow acceleration!!!!!!

Read he

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/subar...r_reviews.html

aaahahaahahahahahahaha!!!

Bad gas mileage too!!!!

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
.net...
The Sabura Tribeca is a whale!

The Toyota Tundra outhandles it!

From Edmunds.com:

Capt. Rob December 5th 05 04:20 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

What did Booby say about it's handling? He sure knows cars!!

Yup. Be sure to check what Motor Trend, Car and Driver and every other
review says.
But did you know: You need to flip off traction control for handling?
But did you know: Our B9 got poor gas mileage until we got past 3K. Now
getting 24 highway. 18 around town.
But did you know: Highest crash rating of any SUV EVER tested along
with the MDX.?
But did you know: The only 5 star rated crossover with full time AWD
with a 10% RWD bias?
But Did you know: Pulled the best handling numbers of any crossover and
beat both the Infinity and Taureg.
But Did you know: Best warranty in it's class, 7 year 100K including
tires!

Want a fast SUV, there are better choices. Want a safer one...the B9
stands alone. For speed we have the STI. We trade the B9 for the B9 STI
in about 18 months.

RB
35s5....always winning!
NY

J Beck December 5th 05 04:22 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
.net...
The Sabura Tribeca is a whale!

The Toyota Tundra outhandles it!

From Edmunds.com:

[...]

I'll take my Tundra any day !!! It's a real truck, not one of those minis
JB

Capt. Rob December 5th 05 04:24 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Most common complaint: Slow acceleration!!!!!!

250 HP and not quite enough toque, means times between 8.1 to 9.5 for
the loaded 7 passenger model. But this car was bought for safety over
all else. New version is getting the STI treatment and we'll get that
in 18 months.
You can't win, Crantz. Simply because we enjoy tossing money around and
you can only google up the dreams we're enjoying!
Tonight we dine at Seroli's Private Club. Are you a member? Our meal
will be better than anything you're probably EVER eaten. 8th time this
year we've gone.
Well....I'm off to the yard in my SUV that has a better ride and
quieter interior than a Lexus RX330! Buh bye!

RB
35s5
NY

Joe December 5th 05 05:02 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Fords best..F@*K the rest.

Joe

rgnmstr December 5th 05 05:55 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Tonight we dine at Seroli's Private Club. Are you a member?

Hell, it's Monday. They let everybody in on Mondays.

rgnmstr December 5th 05 05:58 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

But Did you know: Best warranty in it's class, 7 year 100K
including tires!

Marketing gimmic for all lame cars. Hell, Hyundai provides a 10 year
warranty to get people to buy.

Bob Crantz December 5th 05 07:10 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Not as nice as Lincoln Town and Country!!!

http://autos.msn.com/research/userre...cent#reviewnav

B9 Tribeca"
2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Limited 5-Passenger
08/03/2005
By: WV
Owned: Less than 1 year
Review ID: #475551
8.9 Overall Rating

9 Styling
8 Performance
8 Interior
10 Quality
9 Recommendation

Pros:
It is AWD which will be a big plus for me this winter. It handles well. In
fact the ride is so quiet and comfortable that you feel as though you are
"gliding" over the road.

Cons:
The leather interior could be richer for the price. That is the one thing
that I have missed from my Town and Country Limited.

Overall Review:
A good functional vehicle. Good for small families. Handles well. I have had
my Tibeca since 5/31/05 and have been pleased with the performance. I looked
at the 7 passenger since I was considering space ( I was trading my Town and
Country) and decided on the 5 passenger. To me there wasn't enough of a
difference in room to buy the 7 passenger. For a family of four it is just
enough room. The more you drive it the better you like it.

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
.net...
The Sabura Tribeca is a whale!

The Toyota Tundra outhandles it!

From Edmunds.com:

J Beck December 5th 05 07:25 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"rgnmstr" wrote in message
ups.com...
But Did you know: Best warranty in it's class, 7 year 100K
including tires!

Marketing gimmic for all lame cars. Hell, Hyundai provides a 10 year
warranty to get people to buy.

Who gives a damn about warranty if you buy a quality product. Knowing how to
fix them is also a big plus!!
JB

J Beck December 5th 05 07:28 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"Capt. Rob" Bob sobbed
Well....I'm off to the yard in my SUV that has a better ride and
quieter interior could have been Lexus RX330! Buh bye!

RB
35s5
NY

J Beck December 5th 05 07:30 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

f-d over rebuilt dodge FORD
JB
"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Fords best..F@*K the rest.

Joe

Capt. Rob December 5th 05 07:40 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Lincoln Town and Country!!!

Uh, a WHAT???? How clueless can you be?

Crantz....you're such a tool. Please look up a Lincoln Town and
Country, dopey.

RB
35s5
NY

Bob Crantz December 5th 05 07:47 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

I have no clue what a Town and Country is. All I could think of is one of
those wood grain sided station wagons. I saw a Chevy Caprice wagon with wood
grain sides a few years back. Definite competition for the Aztek as far as
wanting to gouge out my eyes.

Anyway, the Tribeca Boulevard Car didn't measure up to the Town and Country,
whatever it is.

And it's not as fast as the Toyota Tundra!!!!!

Or as nice!!!!

Bwaahahahahahahaaaaaa!

oups.com...

Capt. Rob December 5th 05 08:05 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Anyway, the Tribeca Boulevard Car didn't measure up to the Town and
Country,
whatever it is.

And it's not as fast as the Toyota Tundra!!!!!

Or as nice!!!!

Yeah...okay. Best check the stats on the CHRYSLER Town and Country
which is a VAN and has no full time AWD system...and the Tundra which
scored poorly on ride, handling, crash test for rear, road noise and so
on.
C'mon Bob. This is boring. Just posting dopey stuff that isn't true is
really pathetic if you can't be a bit creative about it. Edmunds is
about a good a resource as Consumer Reports. BTW, my father traded his
Town and Country for a Forester XT, which is twice the car, twice the
speed and twice the handling with a 5 star crash rating as well. Until
American cars catch up, it's a Japanese world!

RB
35s5
NY

Bob Crantz December 5th 05 08:22 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyway, the Tribeca Boulevard Car didn't measure up to the Town and
Country,
whatever it is.

And it's not as fast as the Toyota Tundra!!!!!

Or as nice!!!!

Yeah...okay. Best check the stats on the CHRYSLER Town and Country
which is a VAN and has no full time AWD system.

Here you have my apologies. I would never stoop so low to compare your car
to a Chrysler, especially the mini van. No foul intended on that one.

...and the Tundra which
scored poorly on ride, handling, crash test for rear, road noise and so
on.

Tundra is the best riding truck and faster than your Boulevard Car.

Road noise is a function of tires. If they put boulevard tires on the
Tundra, it would be quieter. The Tundra would clobber the Tribeca Boulevard
Special in a demolition derby. There's your crash rating!

16 gallon gas tank + 15 mpg = 240 mile range! That's the same as a 1973
Toyota Landcruiser! And the Land Cruiser (FJ-40) is no Boulevard car!

C'mon Bob. This is boring. Just posting dopey stuff that isn't true is
really pathetic if you can't be a bit creative about it. Edmunds is
about a good a resource as Consumer Reports. BTW, my father traded his
Town and Country for a Forester XT, which is twice the car, twice the
speed and twice the handling with a 5 star crash rating as well.

A Tonka toy is twice the car as a Chrysler mini van.

Until
American cars catch up, it's a Japanese world!

Subaru, Toyota = made in America, without labor unions!!!!

Labor Unions = Poor Car Quality!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you are anti-Union RB!

Amen!

RB
35s5
NY

Capt. Rob December 5th 05 09:15 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

16 gallon gas tank + 15 mpg = 240 mile range! That's the same as a 1973

Toyota Landcruiser! And the Land Cruiser (FJ-40) is no Boulevard car!

Tribeca gets 18 MPG city, 24 HWY. I get just under 25, sometimes
better.

Tribeca has VDC traction control, full time AWD at all speeds. The
Tundra doesn't.

Tribeca has quieter cabin, 3 zone climate control. Wind noise is also
lower in the B9.

Tribeca is capable of 135 MPH compared to the Tundra's 115 and the poor
Tundra can only do that sad speed in FWD mode!

Tribeca maintains antilock even when traction control activates while
the Tundra must rely soley on it's simple less sophisticated ABS
system.

The Tribeca has 5 speed sportmatic transmission with sport mode and
manual shifting.

Now...would you like to know how badly the B9 clobbers the Tundra on
the skidpad???? You'd look a little smarter if you had a clue that the
B9 is not a truck or even a standard SUV.

RB
35s5
NY

Capt. Rob December 5th 05 09:18 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Tundra is the best riding truck and faster than your Boulevard Car.

Best riding TRUCK, but the B9, Lexus RX330 and BMW X5 all handle and
ride better because they're LUXURY SUVs and not trucks. Care to compare
Doug's Trawler to my 35s5 next?
I own the nicest car and the best sailboat here it would appear!

Thanks!

RB
35s5
NY

Bob Crantz December 5th 05 09:36 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
16 gallon gas tank + 15 mpg = 240 mile range! That's the same as a 1973

Toyota Landcruiser! And the Land Cruiser (FJ-40) is no Boulevard car!

Tribeca gets 18 MPG city, 24 HWY. I get just under 25, sometimes
better.

Not true, you don't get 25 mpg per tank. Maybe on your instantaneous mpg
meter. If you include that, I get over 99 mpg at times.

Tribeca has VDC traction control, full time AWD at all speeds. The
Tundra doesn't.

The Tribeca is stuck in AWD. It doesn't have locking differentials or
limited slip differential. It will eat tires.

Tribeca has quieter cabin, 3 zone climate control. Wind noise is also
lower in the B9.

Of course, it's a Boulevard car.

Tribeca is capable of 135 MPH compared to the Tundra's 115 and the poor
Tundra can only do that sad speed in FWD mode!

Tundra does not go 115 mph in FWD mode. It can go 105 mph pulling a 3500 lb
trailer. Can the Boulevard car?

Tribeca maintains antilock even when traction control activates while
the Tundra must rely soley on it's simple less sophisticated ABS
system.

So explain the mechanism of the traction control. Is it simply the brake is
applied to the spinning wheel? That is not traction control.

The Tribeca has 5 speed sportmatic transmission with sport mode and
manual shifting.

So? Does it have 4WD LO gear selection? That's 8 forward gears and 2 in
reverse.

Now...would you like to know how badly the B9 clobbers the Tundra on
the skidpad????

It doesn't.

You'd look a little smarter if you had a clue that the
B9 is not a truck or even a standard SUV.

The Tribeca is not a truck as I have said, it's a Boulevard car. I was
comparing it to a truck to show how outrageously poor it is as a performance
car. It barely beats a large pickup truck in a few categories.

16 gallon fuel tank!!!

Many owners report poor gas mileage!! 15 MPG!

Bad acceleration!!!!

Eats tires!!!

Eats brakes!!!

Boulevard car!!!!!!!

RB
35s5
NY

Bob Crantz December 5th 05 09:43 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

AWD is almost useless beyond pavement

Glossary

larger tires

ten stupid things

what is ...

part time 4WD ?

full time 4WD ?

all wheel drive ?

difference AWD and 4WD?

automatic 4WD ?

4WD school

locking differentials

Please sign my guestbook

contact me

© 1996-2005 Harald Pietschmann

My comment relates to the way most "all wheel drive" vehicles (usually
minivans - some SUVs like Lexus RX300 or Ford Explorer V8) distribute torque
to the wheels and how they manage traction.

why you find me here using the term torque rather than power

Part time 4WD vehicles always distribute torque inside their transfer case
50/50 to front and rear when the shifter is in one of the 4WD positions (Hi
or Lo). Most of the time each of the 4 wheels gets 25% of the torque - that
minimizes wheel spin. This system is very strong and reliable -
unfortunately it can't be used on pavement. Should one of the wheels or one
axle lose traction - the other axle will still receive a reliable supply of
torque (up to 100%) through the transfer case.

Conventional full time 4WD vehicles use a differential inside the transfer
case to make 4WD use on pavement possible. This is done with a ring and
pinion set or a planetary gear set. Each of the 4 wheels constantly gets 25%
of the torque (as long as the ground is level and traction is equal) - that
in itself prevents wheel spin. This setup is also very strong and reliable.
However, this system would be handicapped for off-road use (it is much more
likely to lose traction off-road than on-road) if it would not have some
sort of spin control. Call it traction control, if you will. If one of the
tires or one axle would lose traction - the differential in the transfer
case (often called "center differential") would allow the axle with lost
traction to spin (could be both tires or one). To avoid this some of the
full time 4WD vehicles offer a manual center differential lock (all
LandRover, Mercedes G etc.) or other means of (automatic) spin control. A
mechanically locked center diff acts like a part time transfer case - and is
as strong and reliable as a part time system off-road. Some vehicles do not
manage or lock any of the differentials. Instead they have systems that
slows down spinning wheels.

Now, all wheel drive (AWD) is a completely different "beast". In my opinion
it is useless beyond pavement because it does not have low range like the
other two systems. Low range provides necessary crawl speed for maximum
control during difficult driving situations. And low range range provides a
significant torque multiplication.Low gears in a 4WD are like the low gears
in a mountain bike. Can you imagine a mountain bike without low gears? Main
drawback of AWD is that the transfer case can't be manually locked. Two
different systems are in use - neither one works well for use beyond
pavement: AWD System one (true all wheel drive - or full time symmetric
AWD) has a conventional differential inside the transfer case - each of the
wheels gets about 25% of the torque as long as traction is equal. However,
the center diff cannot be mechanically locked.
To prevent a complete loss of traction when one wheel or one axle would
spin, a viscous coupling or a similar device like a Haldex coupling (see
note) will try to "glue" both driveshafts together to keep enough torque
flowing to the axle with traction. Works kinda OK on slippery pavement when
the vehicle has already sufficient momentum and the connecting device has to
kick in very infrequently. Off-road or in other situations with slow speed
and high demand for torque the glue box (viscous coupling or Haldex etc.) is
overstressed and fails to deliver the needed torque. High torque transfers
and continous use make especially viscous couplings fail. Haldex units are
much more reliable but cannot satisfy the constant high demand for torque at
all wheels either.

AWD System two (automatic asymmetric AWD - and in a way actually only a
sophisticated 2WD system) might not have a differential in the transfer case
(Volvo, Honda, etc.) but some do (Jeep Grand Cherokee). Primary power goes
only to one axle (makes spinning tires much more likely due to inefficient
use of traction - as likely as in any other 2WD car). However, both drive
shafts are joined by a viscous coupling or a similar device (see note) and
as long as all 4 wheels turn at the same speeds the control unit remains
inactive. Once the powered axle or one of the powered tires loses traction,
the powered drive shaft rotates faster than the one that is just rotating
along. The control unit reacts to the speed difference and kinda glues both
drive shafts together. This way the previously unpowered shaft will get some
of the torque and rescue the failing tires. Same story as in system one:
Works kinda OK on slippery pavement when the vehicle has already sufficient
momentum and the control unit has to kick in very infrequently. Fails
miserably when need of high torque arises or when activated frequently.
Cannot satisfy the constant high demand for torque at all wheels when
off-road.

Now you may understand better why I think AWD is not suitable for use beyond
pavement.

The last generation Jeep Grand Cherokees (1999 WJ and 2005 KJ) with
QuadraDrive II are not to be confused with a viscous coupling system. The J
GC also powers only one axle (rear) but the Gerodisc technology and
E-Gerodisc used by Jeep is very strong, very reliable and provides
sufficient amounts of torque to where it's needed.

oups.com...

rgnmstr December 5th 05 10:10 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Best riding TRUCK, but the B9, Lexus RX330 and BMW X5 all handle and

ride better because they're LUXURY SUVs

Who classifies the Subaru as a LUXURY SUV? Even the girlie Lexus
RX300/330 is only classified as an entry level semi luxury SUV. Not a
Luxury SUV. So where do you get the info that your econo box is a
LUXURY SUV?

Capt.Mooron December 5th 05 10:39 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
k.net...
I have no clue what a Town and Country is. All I could think of is one of
those wood grain sided station wagons. I saw a Chevy Caprice wagon with
wood
grain sides a few years back. Definite competition for the Aztek as far as
wanting to gouge out my eyes.

I understand Benneteau hired the designer to work on the interior of it's
35s5 series!! :-)

CM

Joe December 5th 05 10:43 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Same wood grain veneer as the 1971 Caprice Wagon, You know I can see
the designers handy work on the 35s5.

Joe

Capt. Rob December 5th 05 11:56 PM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Who classifies the Subaru as a LUXURY SUV? Even the girlie Lexus
RX300/330 is only classified as an entry level semi luxury SUV. Not a
Luxury SUV. So where do you get the info that your econo box is a
LUXURY SUV?

41K SUV is an econobox? Sheesh! Let's hope not! The RX330 loaded is
also over 40K. The B9 has a nicer ride than the even the V8 Taureg,
better handling and a nicer interior space. The B9 targeted the BMW X5
and beat it in almost every key area, though the X5 is aging now.
Motor Trend:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...eca/index.html

RB
35s5
NY

Bob Crantz December 6th 05 12:03 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Who classifies the Subaru as a LUXURY SUV? Even the girlie Lexus
RX300/330 is only classified as an entry level semi luxury SUV. Not a
Luxury SUV. So where do you get the info that your econo box is a
LUXURY SUV?

41K SUV is an econobox? Sheesh! Let's hope not! The RX330 loaded is
also over 40K. The B9 has a nicer ride than the even the V8 Taureg,
better handling and a nicer interior space. The B9 targeted the BMW X5
and beat it in almost every key area, though the X5 is aging now.
Motor Trend:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...eca/index.html

RB
35s5
NY

I live where 4WD is a necessity. How come I have only seen one Tribeca ever?
Lots of Subarus, but no Tribecas.

Any theories on that one Bluster Boy?

Lots of Toyota Tundras too. With real traction.

Amen!

Capt. Rob December 6th 05 12:13 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

I live where 4WD is a necessity. How come I have only seen one Tribeca
ever?
Lots of Subarus, but no Tribecas.

Any theories on that one Bluster Boy?

You are serious? How many BMW X5s do you see? I hardly see any..or
RX330's either. You sure know cars, Crantz! BTW, Subaru has been
selling 2000 B9s per month, so there are still very few around. Target
is 2500 per month, but the gas crunch slammed the whole SUV market.
Guess who had the best SUV sales? Subaru! Guess who had their most
profits ever due to the Tribeca and FXT? Subaru!

The Toyota Tundra is a great truck. I owned a 4-Runner and the Tacoma
for a while. Bullet proof, but no good for the family. Also: the B9 is
Suzanne's car. I drive the STI most of the time, which is the fastest
best handling car here by a wide margin. Just like my boat!

RB
35s5
NY

Bob Crantz December 6th 05 12:43 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
I live where 4WD is a necessity. How come I have only seen one Tribeca
ever?
Lots of Subarus, but no Tribecas.

Any theories on that one Bluster Boy?

You are serious? How many BMW X5s do you see?

I do see them on a regular basis.

I hardly see any..or
RX330's either.

I see plenty. Also there's a RX300 in the family.

You sure know cars, Crantz!

Actually, I don't follow the latest models.

BTW, Subaru has been
selling 2000 B9s per month, so there are still very few around. Target
is 2500 per month, but the gas crunch slammed the whole SUV market.
Guess who had the best SUV sales? Subaru! Guess who had their most
profits ever due to the Tribeca and FXT? Subaru!

The Toyota Tundra is a great truck.

It's a well made truck. They have had rotor and ball joint problems.

I owned a 4-Runner and the Tacoma

I had the supercharged 4 Runner and a Tacoma. The 4 cylinder Tacoma was
gutless compared to the older 4 cylinder trucks.

for a while. Bullet proof, but no good for the family.

4-Runner will do three nicely.

Also: the B9 is
Suzanne's car.

How much did you pay for that pig? (I'm talking about the car)

I drive the STI most of the time, which is the fastest
best handling car here by a wide margin. Just like my boat!

Why don't you just move out of NYC? Move someplace nice like Pennsylvania.

Best handling car? Where? On pavement? Sorry, there Robbie my BT-24 will
smoke it. Ask Ozone.

RB
35s5
NY

Capt. Rob December 6th 05 01:00 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

You are serious? How many BMW X5s do you see?

I do see them on a regular basis.

You missed the point again. They've sold 10's of thousands of Lexus and
BMWs. The B9 has only been out for a few months. Why would you expect
to see them?

RB
35s5
NY

Bob Crantz December 6th 05 01:04 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Now I get it.

Why would you buy the first car of a production run. You know it has a
higher probability of a design defect. Why did you elect to be the crash
test dummy? Why not wait two years and get one?

Ya cudda had a nice Rav-4!

Amen!

oups.com...

Scotty December 6th 05 01:10 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"Capt. Rob" wrote
Tonight we dine at Seroli's Private Club. Are you a member? Our

meal
will be better than anything you're probably EVER eaten. 8th

time TODAY
we've eaten.

My wife made me a rib eye, with porta something mushrooms, and
baked taters. It just doesn't get any better than that!

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

Scotty December 6th 05 01:11 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"J Beck" wrote

I'll take my Tundra any day !!! It's a real truck,

No it's not. It's a 'pick-up'.

Scotty

Capt. Rob December 6th 05 01:18 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Why would you buy the first car of a production run. You know it has a
higher probability of a design defect.

I keep suspecting with each post that you know less and less about
cars. The B9 is using a poven engine and a tweaked Outback platform. In
fact, it's just an Outback VDC model with a lot more luxury thrown in.
It's a proven car, except that it scored even higher on crash tests
than even Subaru thought it would, beating all others. It's only real
failing is that it needs more torque, though at highway speeds power is
good. These are not American cars. They tend to work and keep working.
We plan to trade the B9 in for a newer faster version when released in
about 18 months. For now it's one safe and comfy cruiser and I've
driven everything from the H3 to the Lexus RX330. Even though the
reliability is bad, I like the layout of the H3 BTW. We have nearly 9K
on the B9 and it's required no service of any kind.

Here's our B9 with an Icon theatre system. 3 screens, two DVDs and we
bailed on the NAV because I wanted a portable for the STI as well.
http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/mvideo.jpg

RB
35s5
NY

Scotty December 6th 05 01:23 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"Bob Crantz" wrote i

Why don't you just move out of NYC? Move someplace nice like

Pennsylvania.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SV

Capt. Rob December 6th 05 01:25 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Why don't you just move out of NYC? Move someplace nice like
Pennsylvania.

We already own several lots in the Pocono's where my father lives.
Here's my old man next to his FXT Turbo. 0-60 in 5.2 seconds! The
property behind him goes on and on and will go to Thomas one day.

RB
35s5
NY

Bob Crantz December 6th 05 01:37 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Why would you buy the first car of a production run. You know it has a
higher probability of a design defect.

I keep suspecting with each post that you know less and less about
cars. The B9 is using a poven engine and a tweaked Outback platform. In
fact, it's just an Outback VDC model with a lot more luxury thrown in.
It's a proven car,

Law of converse accident = The sum of the parts is not the whole. The
components individually may be very good, but the aggregate system is not
field tested very much.

The Outback platform is widened and stretched for the B9. It uses different
tooling, the loading is different, the manufacturing line is different. It
will not be the same as the Outback. So, is the suspension the same? How are
the strut towers made stronger to handle the bigger load? Thicker metal? An
annealing process? Higher kips yield steel? If it is just made bigger, than
it is weaker.

Do you think that if Subaru engineers took the attitude that the car as it
is now is done and perfect (from a zero defect both engineering and
manufacturing standpoint), then Subaru would continue to make great cars?
It's ok you believe it because you buy the car.

Bob Crantz December 6th 05 01:38 AM

"Scotty" wrote in message
Have you seen one yet? Man are they ugly!

Scotty

Look like inflated Toyota Matrix.

Scotty December 6th 05 01:40 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Only topless, it's winter.

Scotty

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
k.net...
Was she nekkid when she did it?

"Capt. Rob" wrote

Capt. Rob December 6th 05 02:24 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

The Outback platform is widened and stretched for the B9. It uses
different
tooling, the loading is different, the manufacturing line is different.
It
will not be the same as the Outback.

You're right. It exceeded their target for crash tests and owners are
reporting virtually no problems. Every problem that has been reported
on the subie boards was common to the outback VDC 2.5 model as well.
So you've been proven wrong yet again.

RB
35s5
NY