BoatBanter.com

-   -   Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car! (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/63741-subaru-tribeca-%3D-boulevard-car.html)

Scotty December 6th 05 01:11 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"J Beck" wrote

I'll take my Tundra any day !!! It's a real truck,

No it's not. It's a 'pick-up'.

Scotty

Scotty December 6th 05 01:14 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Catamaran of Cars

Have you seen one yet? Man are they ugly!

Scotty

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
.net...
The Sabura Tribeca is a whale!

The Toyota Tundra outhandles it!

From Edmunds.com:

Driving Impressions:
Even with the Tribeca's substantial weight of 4,200-plus

pounds, it's never
at a loss for power. There's plenty of midrange muscle, and the

Subie easily
tackles varying road terrain. Subaru automatics have a tendency

to hunt for
gears during mountainous driving, but this is not the case in

the Tribeca,
as its reprogrammed transmission holds low gears when needed

without early
upshifts. Steering, however, is a bit light for a vehicle of

such girth,
which accentuates the Tribeca's heft. On the road, the 2006

Subaru B9
Tribeca drives like a big, heavy truck.

Drives like a big, heavy truck!!!!

Big heavy truck!!!!

What a boulevard car!!!!

aaahaahahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!! !

Even the Lincoln is better!!!!!

aaahaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!! !

Glory!

Next BS will be telling us that the Tribeca is a sports car

rather than the
bloated Boulevard SUV it is!!

aaaahaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did Booby say about it's handling? He sure knows cars!!

Steers like a Toyota Tundra!!!

15 mpg!!! Same gas mileage as a Toyota Tundra!!!!

Capt. Rob December 6th 05 01:18 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Why would you buy the first car of a production run. You know it has a
higher probability of a design defect.

I keep suspecting with each post that you know less and less about
cars. The B9 is using a poven engine and a tweaked Outback platform. In
fact, it's just an Outback VDC model with a lot more luxury thrown in.
It's a proven car, except that it scored even higher on crash tests
than even Subaru thought it would, beating all others. It's only real
failing is that it needs more torque, though at highway speeds power is
good. These are not American cars. They tend to work and keep working.
We plan to trade the B9 in for a newer faster version when released in
about 18 months. For now it's one safe and comfy cruiser and I've
driven everything from the H3 to the Lexus RX330. Even though the
reliability is bad, I like the layout of the H3 BTW. We have nearly 9K
on the B9 and it's required no service of any kind.

Here's our B9 with an Icon theatre system. 3 screens, two DVDs and we
bailed on the NAV because I wanted a portable for the STI as well.
http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/mvideo.jpg

RB
35s5
NY

Bob Crantz December 6th 05 01:22 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Was she nekkid when she did it?

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Capt. Rob" wrote
Tonight we dine at Seroli's Private Club. Are you a member? Our

meal
will be better than anything you're probably EVER eaten. 8th

time TODAY
we've eaten.

My wife made me a rib eye, with porta something mushrooms, and
baked taters. It just doesn't get any better than that!

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

Scotty December 6th 05 01:23 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"Bob Crantz" wrote i

Why don't you just move out of NYC? Move someplace nice like

Pennsylvania.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SV

Capt. Rob December 6th 05 01:25 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

Why don't you just move out of NYC? Move someplace nice like
Pennsylvania.

We already own several lots in the Pocono's where my father lives.
Here's my old man next to his FXT Turbo. 0-60 in 5.2 seconds! The
property behind him goes on and on and will go to Thomas one day.

RB
35s5
NY

Bob Crantz December 6th 05 01:37 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Why would you buy the first car of a production run. You know it has a
higher probability of a design defect.

I keep suspecting with each post that you know less and less about
cars. The B9 is using a poven engine and a tweaked Outback platform. In
fact, it's just an Outback VDC model with a lot more luxury thrown in.
It's a proven car,

Law of converse accident = The sum of the parts is not the whole. The
components individually may be very good, but the aggregate system is not
field tested very much.

The Outback platform is widened and stretched for the B9. It uses different
tooling, the loading is different, the manufacturing line is different. It
will not be the same as the Outback. So, is the suspension the same? How are
the strut towers made stronger to handle the bigger load? Thicker metal? An
annealing process? Higher kips yield steel? If it is just made bigger, than
it is weaker.

Do you think that if Subaru engineers took the attitude that the car as it
is now is done and perfect (from a zero defect both engineering and
manufacturing standpoint), then Subaru would continue to make great cars?
It's ok you believe it because you buy the car.

Bob Crantz December 6th 05 01:38 AM

"Scotty" wrote in message
Have you seen one yet? Man are they ugly!

Scotty

Look like inflated Toyota Matrix.

Capt. Rob December 6th 05 02:24 AM

Subaru Tribeca = Boulevard Car!

The Outback platform is widened and stretched for the B9. It uses
different
tooling, the loading is different, the manufacturing line is different.
It
will not be the same as the Outback.

You're right. It exceeded their target for crash tests and owners are
reporting virtually no problems. Every problem that has been reported
on the subie boards was common to the outback VDC 2.5 model as well.
So you've been proven wrong yet again.

RB
35s5
NY