posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Dumb Statement of the Day!

Jeff and Doug claim that the final race in a series is taken less
seriously by racers!!!

I've never met a racer who EVER took any race lightly. They want to win
everytime and work hard to do better no matter how far ahead they might
be.

Jeff, who doesn't own a proper sailboat is now king of the fools! Doug
is a powerboater and still feels the need to chime in like an idiot.
Who new someone could be dumber than Sloco? Who knew TWO people could
be dumber?

Runnerup: Doug telling Ozzy "nice boat" after Ozzy posts pics of one of
the ugliest cats ever. It's as though he desperately needs his love!
Mooron, always a man, acted like a man and spared no one's feelings!

Amazing!!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff

Poor Booby just shows he knows nothing about racing. I've raced in
hundreds of one design races, and been on race committees for
hundreds, if not thousands more. And I expect Doug has done even more
racing than I.

So tell us Bob, if someone has already won the regatta, and the last
race is a throwout, how seriously do you think they take the race? Do
you think he might give the helm to someone else? Let another crew
work foredeck? Do they even bother to start?

How about if there are two boats in the lead coming into the last
race, and all of the others are out of it? Do you think that maybe
they'll let the last place boat go off on a flyer the might pay off?

Sorry, booby. The Bene was in last place after 7 races; the fact that
the won the last one doesn't mean squat. Except, of course, that you
know nothing about racing.

Capt. Rob wrote:
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

Maybe in the Matrix the last race is the most important.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

Poor Swabbie, constantly displaying how clueless
he is. He will never recover from it.

Swabbie Robbie wrote:
Jeff and Doug claim that the final race in a series is taken less
seriously by racers!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

So tell us Bob, if someone has already won the regatta, and the last
race is a throwout, how seriously do you think they take the race?

But that wasn't the case with the race we were discussing, now was it??
Hmmmm?
Ooops!
Racers take NO races lightly! If they're in it, they want to win badly.
Hell, they want to pass boats they aren't racing! The 35s5 BEAT the C&C
99. It beat the J Boats. and In another link I posted a few days back,
it BEAT his beloved Express 35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhh noooooo!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

The 35s5 BEAT the C&C 99. It beat the J Boats.

In the final results however the 35s5 was beat by a little ole J27 and
an little old Lindenberg 28 among others.

35s5 end of the pack.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff

Capt. Rob wrote:
So tell us Bob, if someone has already won the regatta, and the last
race is a throwout, how seriously do you think they take the race?

But that wasn't the case with the race we were discussing, now was it??
Hmmmm?

No, it was the other scenario, as I already explained. Three boats
were in contention coming into the last race. The Bene was in last
place, a few points behind the j30. The first three boats paid no
attention to the bene who probably took a flyer. You do know what
taking a flyer means, don't you? Probably not.

Ooops!

That was Bob, wetting his pants again.

Racers take NO races lightly! If they're in it, they want to win badly.

Sorry, you just don't understand. Racers want to win regattas.
Individual races are not important. You've never raced, how would you
know? I can't count the number of times I've seen a coach berate
someone (me, a few times) for letting the real competition go while
focusing on the wrong boat.

Hell, they want to pass boats they aren't racing! The 35s5 BEAT the C&C
99. It beat the J Boats. and In another link I posted a few days back,
it BEAT his beloved Express 35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhh noooooo!

Gawd, you do go on so. Why do you try so hard to prove you're stupid?
Keep digging, boobie! You're almost to China!

RB - dumber than a bagful of gudgeons.
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

But that wasn't the case with the race we were discussing, now was it??
Hmmmm?

No, it was the other scenario, as I already explained.

Ohhhhhhh...so I guess the 35s5 DID beat the C&C 99 then! Thanks!!!!

Jeff = worst debator ever!

RB
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Capt. Rob wrote:
So tell us Bob, if someone has already won the regatta, and the last
race is a throwout, how seriously do you think they take the race?

But that wasn't the case with the race we were discussing, now was it??
Hmmmm?

No, it was the other scenario, as I already explained. Three boats were
in contention coming into the last race. The Bene was in last place, a
few points behind the j30. The first three boats paid no attention to the
bene who probably took a flyer. You do know what taking a flyer means,
don't you?

Really, Jeff.

Ooops!

That was Bob, wetting his pants again.

Racers take NO races lightly! If they're in it, they want to win badly.

Sorry, you just don't understand. Racers want to win regattas. Individual
races are not important. You've never raced, how would you know? I can't
count the number of times I've seen a coach berate someone (me, a few
times) for letting the real competition go while focusing on the wrong
boat.

Hell, they want to pass boats they aren't racing! The 35s5 BEAT the C&C
99. It beat the J Boats. and In another link I posted a few days back,
it BEAT his beloved Express 35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhh noooooo!

Gawd, you do go on so. Why do you try so hard to prove you're stupid?
Keep digging, boobie! You're almost to China!

His expertise is only on subject about which he knows absolutely nothing.

RB 35s5--okay, so it finishes last--at least it has a BIG swim platform
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
So tell us Bob, if someone has already won the regatta, and the last
race is a throwout, how seriously do you think they take the race?

But that wasn't the case with the race we were discussing, now was it??
Hmmmm?
Ooops!
Racers take NO races lightly! If they're in it, they want to win badly.
Hell, they want to pass boats they aren't racing! The 35s5 BEAT the C&C
99. It beat the J Boats. and In another link I posted a few days back,
it BEAT his beloved Express 35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhh noooooo!

All that doesn't mean squat if it can't win the regatta.

Max