posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default Dumb Statement of the Day!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
BS. Sailboat racers are pragmatic like everyone else. If you already
have
five first place finishes in a regatta and no throwout yet, you pack up
the
boat and leave for home a bit early. "Mail me my trophy, please."

I'm sorry that this represents the type of sailors you know. It's just
not the case here.

How would you know, never having raced? Get close to a thousand races under
your belt and then come back and talk to me.

My friends love racing and can't get enough.

I love rum and can't get enough. Does that make me a distiller? Your
friends must be rank amateurs.

The
last thing they ever want to do is head home early.
What a sad, sad, very sad attitude your "sailors" have.

The attitude 'my sailors' have is borne of decades of racing experience.
The attitude 'your sailors' possess is borne of "golly gee, this newfangled
racing thing sure is lots 'o fun, sure 'nuff. Where the hell is the
restroom?"

Max