posted to alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
. net...

"Jeff" wrote in message

I often monitor channel 13 along with 16. I hear incoming ships
requesting pilot service, and permission to enter and use the anchorage.
And sometimes I hear tugs and ferries advising each other. However, I've
never heard the tour boats or booze cruises reporting a position, not
have I been able to find any traffic management authority for Boston that
would track such movements, nor any requirement in the Coast Pilot.
Boston doesn't have a VTS system like NY, SF or LA. Am I missing
something?

Don't know that Boston has the traffic to warrant a VTS, but it's
possible.
Check channels 12 and 14, as these are two that are frequently used for
this service.
Something which may have given you an earlier warning would be AIS, but
quite possibly the various ferries do not have it.

otn

SF bay area is 13 v-to-v communication, 14 for monitoring.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com