posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Default Jon....road advice?

Why don't you take your vacation in a country you think better of?

While you are in CA, visit the Reagan Library in Simi Valley. It might do
you some good, a real American may hear you defiling one of our greatest
Presidents and then give you the beating you deserve.

Amen!

Visit the Crystal Cathedral!

Praise!

OzOne wrote in message ...

Jon, can you give me some advice?
We are looking at driving from LA to Heavenly via Mammoth using the
395 then hopping over the Kingsbury Grade (207) to access our lodging
near the stagecoach lift off Tramway drive.

Is this a viable proposition in winter, or is the road likely to be a
problem.

Also, if we do go that way, is access available in winter from the
western side of Yosemite into the park?

TIA.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:09:25 GMT, "Bob Crantz"
scribbled thusly:

Why don't you take your vacation in a country you think better of?

I have no problem with your country, it has great mountains.
It's just the 49% who voted for the stand in Ronald McDonald who bug
me.

Oh, and my condo (actually a 3 room flat) in France is booked up this
winter ;-)

While you are in CA, visit the Reagan Library in Simi Valley. It might do
you some good, a real American may hear you defiling one of our greatest
Presidents and then give you the beating you deserve.

Awwww, from the polls, I'd say that chimpanzee that you elected for a
2nd term is already on the slide

HOW DARE YOU INSULT CHIMPANZEES!!!

I HOPE YOU GET THAT BEATING!!!!

AMEN!!

Amen!

Visit the Crystal Cathedral!

On the list

Praise!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

Heavenly is a great mountain. I like the Nevada
side for shorter lift lines and fewer people. As I recall
Stagecoach is on the Nevada side. On the other side
avoid Gunbarrel, black diamond at the bottom of the
mountain. It is so long that people get tired and then
hurt on it. Smart people take the tram down at the end
of the day if you ski the California side.

395 should be fine. It is a very scenic route. You probably
won't be able to enter Yosemite from the eastern side. The
eastern road is closed most of the winter. Unfortunately there
is no good north-south route on the western side of the Sierras.

You don't want to miss Yosemite, it is spectacular and also
somewhat of a tedious drive coming in from the California side.
If I were you I'd catch Yosemite on the way out for at least
an afternoon drive through. From one spot seven majestic
waterfalls surround you.

OzOne wrote
Jon, can you give me some advice?
We are looking at driving from LA to Heavenly via Mammoth using the
395 then hopping over the Kingsbury Grade (207) to access our lodging
near the stagecoach lift off Tramway drive.

Is this a viable proposition in winter, or is the road likely to be a
problem.

Also, if we do go that way, is access available in winter from the
western side of Yosemite into the park?

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

Sheesh....... he could do Banff and have a better time.

Why is Ozone going to the USA to ski after bashing the hell out of it for
years?

Did they turn down his immigration app???

CM

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Rest assured, I have alerted 'Homeland Security' . I'm sure he
will be delayed for a few days, maybe detained and sent to GitMo
for ''questioning''.

Scotty

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Round trip?

"Commodore Joe Redcloud©" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:33:30 GMT, "Bob Crantz"
wrote:

Don't forget "anal cavity search" at customs.

Scotty thinks that's worth the whole trip by itself!

"Scotty" wrote in message
Rest assured, I have alerted 'Homeland Security' . I'm sure he
will be delayed for a few days, maybe detained and sent to GitMo
for ''questioning''.

Scotty

Commodore Joe Redcloud©

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Ozzy always requests them.

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
nk.net...
Don't forget "anal cavity search" at customs.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz

In article , OzOne wrote:
395 should be fine. It is a very scenic route. You probably
won't be able to enter Yosemite from the eastern side. The
eastern road is closed most of the winter. Unfortunately there
is no good north-south route on the western side of the Sierras.

OK, I figured 395 would probably be open except after a big storm.
Do they clear the Yosemite on the East in winter or would it most
likely just be closed?
We were hoping that we could get into the park from the E to save that
detour in from the W on the way back to LA and San Diego.

If there's any sort of storm, you can forget it.

You don't want to miss Yosemite, it is spectacular and also
somewhat of a tedious drive coming in from the California side.
If I were you I'd catch Yosemite on the way out for at least
an afternoon drive through. From one spot seven majestic
waterfalls surround you.

Yep, that will be the plan if we can't get in from the E side.
Dear wants to spend a few days in the Ahwahnee Hotel and look around.

Some friends were married there... it's a nice place.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com