Jeff

Default Building the 44 PDQ Cat - design

Mic posted this over in rec.boats.cruising - I thought it might be of
interest to some here.

Bob might find this page interesting:
http://www.pdqyachts.com/ver2/yachts...uilding16.html

Also, while the VMG drops at small angles, doing 7.3 knots at 46 true,
for a VMG of 5 knots, in only 12 knots of wind isn't too shabby. And
in 16 knots its doing close to 10 knots at 60 true.
http://www.pdqyachts.com/ver2/pdfs/t...erformance.pdf

When it was first offered at pre-production of $350K I was tempted,
but the beam was just too big for facilities up here. (Not to mention
waaaayyy over my budget!) I wish I had these charts for my boat.

Mic wrote:
http://www.pdqyachts.com/ver2/yachts.../building.html

The above link to to PDY Yachts and has 18 links that shows the
building process of their boats with the design and QC that is well
worth the read for those interested in boatbuilding and design.

PDQ's "Real Price"
policy - $698,500 (2007 delivery).

http://www.pdqyachts.com/ver2/yachts...l/history.html

http://www.pdqyachts.com/ver2/yachts...lFrameSet.html

Capt. Rob

Bob might find this page interesting:
http://www.pdqyachts.com/ver2/yachts...s/building/bui...

Also, while the VMG drops at small angles, doing 7.3 knots at 46 true,
for a VMG of 5 knots, in only 12 knots of wind isn't too shabby. And
in 16 knots its doing close to 10 knots at 60 true.

Good info, Jeff.

RB
35s5
NY