Capt. Neal®

Default This group needs an anti-Bobsprit.

Hello y'all, I'm the anti-Bobsprit. Everybody here in this
group is so kewl. I just love you all. I especially love it when
one of you chaps writes something indicating he's happy with
his boat. Take Ole Thom, bless his heart, now there's a man
who loves sailing and is very happy with his boat and a fine
boat it is. I hope I'm able to enjoy sailing when I'm his age.

Then there's Jeff Morris. Jeff has a very nice boat. He
obviously loves his boat and really enjoys sailing it. You've
got to admit a catamaran might not be my cup of tea but
they make a very fine cruising sailboat and they motor pretty
well, too. Jeff made a very good choice of boats and I so
happy he gets out and takes long trips with his boat with
his family. I have to admire him for doing so.

Then there's Loco. I give him lots of crap and call Express
30s slow and dated but, deep inside, I realize Loco has a fine
boat that has an exceptional turn of speed and the neat thing
is Loco obviously knows how to sail his boat to bring out that
turn of speed. I envy his skills and his obvious loyalty to
his vessel.

Douglas King, though he owns a trawler now, is still deserving
of my respect. The man obviously still sails a variety of boats
and has demonstrated he has acquired a great deal of nautical
know-how. Doug is a credit to this group and I say, Bless him,
for posting here in spite of all my harassment. I'm sorry Doug.

And to Scott Vernon I have to tip my hat because he's bought
a decent boat that's actually pretty fast and is definitely roomy
and has good lines. Scotty sails more than I do and he seems
to be completely satisfied with his boat. I'm happy for him.

I can't end this post without mentioning that I also have a great
deal of respect for Capt. Neal who is a real captain and Bart
who is a real captain and even Jonathan Ganz who is a real
captain. I tend to overreact when reading their posts and posts
from any other real captain because I'm not interested enough
in sailing to gain the knowledge it takes to pass the captain's
license exam. Also, I make fun of Ganz's little boat and Neal's
old Coronado and Bart's fine vessel. I realize these people all
love their boats and they take very good care of them and that
makes me a bit envious.

When it comes right down to it speed and price don't mean a
whole lot. What means a lot is that people love their boats and
enjoy sailing them. I apologize for trying to cut everybody and
their boats down all the time and my excessive bragging about
my boats I'm beginning to realize is a bit of a bore . . .

You guys are really the only friends I have in the entire world so
God bless you all.

Humbly,
Capt anti-Bobsprit.

Capt. Rob

Humbly,
Capt anti-Bobsprit.

Holy crap!

RB
35s5...a Raymond fan
NY

Why Bobsprit is a lost soul Bozo ASA 0 November 9th 05 07:44 PM
Boating Group ed General 10 November 8th 05 05:24 PM
ocean crusing & anti collision tactics.... ~^ beancounter ~^ Cruising 75 November 5th 05 04:37 PM
The main problem with is group - an essay*. Capt. Neal® ASA 9 November 5th 05 08:38 AM
What Bobsprit wrote: Capt. Neal® ASA 5 November 1st 05 01:33 PM