Joe

Default Very Nice Pictures

Well no ****...who would not like Homer?

I like the simplicity of John Singer Sargent. Has harbor painting are
the best.

His canal watercolors are great
http://borghi.org/images/sargent.backwater.jpg

One of the best IMO
http://www.palettesofvision.com/Impr...o_A_Boat_with_

Several of his painting have been discovered in Galveston, One simple
waterscape bought at a garage sell for 10 dollors sold for close to
20K.

Joe

Joe

My links have been FUed all day

Try this
http://www.fineart-china.com/admin/i...Sargent152.jpg

Joe

Joe

And This one

http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/dis...e.php?id=43805

I hope to discover one .....one day:0)

Joe

DSK

Joe wrote:

My links have been FUed all day

Try this
http://www.fineart-china.com/admin/i...Sargent152.jpg

Thanks, Joe. That's a cool picture. A bit more free-form than Sarget's
usual stiff & formal style.

Some of these aren't big enough to get a good sense of what the picture
is really like, but you can get the idea.

http://www.corcoran.org/collection/images/43.6.jpg
http://www.acclaimposters.com/_galle...e/10073564.jpg
http://www.handprint.com/HP/WCL/IMG/...RS/hopper2.jpg
http://www.artwallpapers.net/paintin...d_hopper04.jpg
http://www.wallartamerican.com/perl/...00+h500+a47308

DSK

Joe

I do not care for any of the Hooper pictures, to Folk artist like. All
except the lighthouse show major flaws, the swells do not look right in
the first picture, and the boats do not look real in the others IMO.

Joe

DSK

Joe wrote:
I do not care for any of the Hooper pictures, to Folk artist like. All
except the lighthouse show major flaws, the swells do not look right in
the first picture, and the boats do not look real in the others IMO.

Edward Hopper is one of those oddball painters. I don't like most of his
paintings, yet there are a few in there. And a couple of his paintings
show mastery of the art, and caused me to go back and take a fresh look
at some of his dumber looking sailboat paintings.

Should a painting neessarily look real? If so, then why bother to paint
a picture when you can take one with a camera?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Joe

Thanks, Joe. That's a cool picture. A bit more free-form than Sarget's
usual stiff & formal style.

One of his better oils IMO.

All his nautical paintings are the best of his work. He worked hard
doing portraits all his life, he did marine and natural scenes on his
off time, because that is what he wanted to paint. His later
watercolors (cant find many on the web) are some of the most brilliant
simple harbor marine painting ever painted. He is noted for doing so
much with so little. Im sure 100's of his WC's are still un-discovered.

Joe

Scotty

What happened to this guy's sails?
http://www.munarchaeology.com/munarc...mer/sloopbermu
da2.htm

SBV

"DSK" wrote in message
If you want to look at some nice nautical art

http://www.munarchaeology.com/munarc...omer/index.htm

I like these the best

http://www.munarchaeology.com/munarc...mer/crabfishin
g.htm

http://www.munarchaeology.com/munarc...mer/fishingboa
tskeywest1903.htm

http://www.munarchaeology.com/munarc...mer/lifeline18
84.htm

http://www.munarchaeology.com/munarc...mer/stjohnsriv
er.htm

You're welcome.

Doug

Some Fall type pictures for you *JimH* General 0 October 22nd 05 02:22 AM
Such nice people... Bob Crantz ASA 9 October 17th 05 02:10 PM
Some pictures from today's trip boatwork General 0 October 14th 05 03:28 AM
Some pictures from today's trip *JimH* General 0 October 14th 05 03:21 AM
Some pictures from today's trip Doug Kanter General 0 October 13th 05 10:49 PM