Scotty

Default A Ship of Fools

"John Cairns" wrote

I own a boat that I can actually sail myself. I am happy with

the choice I
made. I enjoy looking at boats, but I've never seriously

considered going to
a larger boat, and I'm very familiar with the "two-foot-itis"

syndrome, you
seem to be a poster boy for this malady. As far a keeping the

engines off,
all this really means is that you've never done any cruising,

sad
considering the fact that you live in an area that's a good

starting point
for extended cruising. We're very happy that you're pleased

with "your" new
boat, but the way you go on about it, we're wondering who

you're really
trying to convince.

For some strange reason he appears to be trying to convince Loco.
What's up with that?

Scotty

John Cairns

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:

I can sail a racing boat any time I want. You'll never be

able to
wake up at Merchant's Row, or Pulpit Harbor, or Long Point,

or
Hadley's, or the Sassafras, or the Wye, or the Alligator

River, or the
Little Snake, or Cabbage Key, or any one of several hundred

other
places we've been to.

We get a guy in our bay a few times every summer with a PDQ,

scoots
right up to the head of the bay and anchors in about 4 feet of

water, he
never has a problem with idiots anchoring too close to him. I

envy both
the ability to get into water that shallow and the avoidance of

the
jerks!

I can anchor in 4' of water.

Cheers
Scotty

Huh. I can anchor in 3' 8", with several inches of clearance, so there.

John Cairns

John Cairns

"Scotty" wrote in message

[...]

Mebbe he views Loco as a "father figure". Unresolved "issues" from
childhood, improper toilet training and the like.

John Cairns

DSK

I can anchor in 4' of water.

John Cairns wrote:
Huh. I can anchor in 3' 8", with several inches of clearance, so there.

Well, I can anchor in less than that... 3'4" or so, if the tanks are
less full. And if the bottom is sand or mud, I can dredge out my own
anchorage no matter how shallow it is to start with.

Our last boat could anchor on dry land.

DSK

Scotty

"John Cairns" wrote in
message ...

Jeff wrote:

[...]

I can sail in 3' 5'' of water. Phhtttttttttttttttttttttt ~

Scotty

Bob Crantz

The light at the end of their tunnel is New Jersey!

Bwaaahaahaahaahahaahahahaahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

"Scotty" wrote in message
news
Today in Manhattan, while I was eating lunch on W57th St., I
noticed several busses go by with the same message on the side,
it read,
''Hey New Yorkers, Do your part to help clean up the LIS, Always
FLUSH TWICE''

--
Fleet Admiral Scotty
8450 AUSTIN ST APT 4K

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
nk.net...

"
Did you also learn to live the the stench of the floating fecal

matter that
is floating past you?

Capt. Robert B
Boatless
City Island, NY

Martin Baxter

Scotty wrote:

jerks!

I can anchor in 4' of water.

Yeah, well so can I, if the bottom is nice soft mud. Would you want to
anchor in 4' when the waves are more than a foot?

Cheers
Martin
Scotty

Scotty wrote:

jerks!

I can anchor in 4' of water.

Yeah, well so can I, if the bottom is nice soft mud. Would you

want to
anchor in 4' when the waves are more than a foot?

that is why I also wrote;

''I can sail in 3' 5'' of water. Phhtttttttttttttttttttttt
~''

Scotty, draft 3'4'' board up.

DSK

I can anchor in 4' of water.

Martin Baxter wrote:
Yeah, well so can I, if the bottom is nice soft mud. Would you want to
anchor in 4' when the waves are more than a foot?

Why would you want to anchor any place where there are 1' waves? Are we
talking jet-ski wakes here?

DSK

Martin Baxter

DSK wrote:

I can anchor in 4' of water.

Martin Baxter wrote:
Yeah, well so can I, if the bottom is nice soft mud. Would you want to
anchor in 4' when the waves are more than a foot?

Why would you want to anchor any place where there are 1' waves? Are we
talking jet-ski wakes here?

DSK

Sometimes the wind changes direction up here! We, most unfortunately,
also get our share jet skis and motor heads; the guys I don't mind are
the bass fishermen, come blasting in at about 50 knots in a flat bottom
boat with just the prop in water, almost no wake, and once they start to
fish they are quiet, (apparently bass can hear a beer fart at 50 yards).

Cheers
martin