Capt. Rob

Default Swim Platforms

It's a totally idiotic place to board a dinghy if there's any seaway at

all.

Yup, it's also a bad place to board after swimming or MOB because the
stern can slam down and kill a person. But in most conditions in the
LIS it's a great feature. And Peter, you're an idiot to even both
making such an obvious point!

RB

Peter Wiley

In article KQL5f.38017$S4.10396@edtnps84, Capt.Mooron
wrote:

Bob, just a question... would you swim in LIS?

CM

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
From a practical standpoint, a swim platform can be of great use.

1) Great place to swim from.
2) Great place to board a dinghy

It's a totally idiotic place to board a dinghy if there's any seaway at
all.

Not an issue for Bob, of course. Then again I can't see the use of a
swim platform to him either.

PDW
Scotty

--
"Swab Rob" wrote
And Peter, you're an idiot to even both
making such an obvious point!

Could somebody diagram this sentence for me?

Scotty

Capt. Rob

And Peter, you're an idiot to even both
making such an obvious point!

Could somebody diagram this sentence for me?

I wonder who else couldn't figure out that the typo was "Bother." I
expect most 3rd grade graduates could figure it out, leaving Scotty
well out of the loop....again!

RB
C&C 99
NY

Peter Wiley

In article , Scotty

"Swab Rob" wrote
And Peter, you're an idiot to even both
making such an obvious point!

Could somebody diagram this sentence for me?

Why bother? Assume it's produced by a moron and semantic content == 0.

Bobby is pretty funny, the way he scrabbles to recover from self
inflicted stupidity. But it's a one trick show.

I've done boardings of foreign fishing vessels in Australia's waters
way offshore, in IRB's, from larger ships where we had to
launch/recover the IRB in sometimes quite large swell. Swim platforms
and the like are for tourists who putz about in sheltered waters.
That's why one is perfect for Bob.

PDW

Capt. Rob

I've done boardings of foreign fishing vessels in Australia's waters
way offshore, in IRB's, from larger ships where we had to

Bwahahaha! What a phoney! Do tell us how this relates to a sailboat in
the Long Island Sound!!!! I guess you must mean that swim platforms
never can come in handy!
Flash! This report in from Peter: Masts can cause problems with low
bridges!!!! Contact him for more important details!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

RB

Capt. Rob

Swim platforms
and the like are for tourists who putz about in sheltered waters.

Hmmm....most sailors on the LIS sail there because it's a great place
to sail. They also live there. Tourists? Does Peter know anything?

RB

Scotty

--
"Swab Rob" wrote

Bwahahaha! What a phoney! Do tell us how this relates to a

sailboat in
the slip!

Thom Stewart

___relates to a sailboat in the slip;----

Lousy swimming in a slip:^) platform or not!!