Capt. Rob

Default GPS-an honest answer...?

How many of you rely on your GPS without consulting charts these days?
How many of you back that up by using a handheld compass?
No judgements, and I'm sure some will get on a high horse after lying
about it. Just curious.

Robert B
Beneteau First 35s5
NY

Martin Baxter

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

and I'm sure some will get on a high horse after lying
about it. Just curious.

New tactic Bubbles? Insult people before they reply?

I guess the bowels must be acting up again.

Cheers
Martin
Capt. Rob

and I'm sure some will get on a high horse after lying
about it. Just curious.

New tactic Bubbles? Insult people before they reply?

Well, you know I must have been talking about Martin!

Hoooh ahhh!

RB

Bob Crantz

My GPS has no mapping feature. I must use maps and charts to figure out
where I am from GPS UTC or Long/Lat.

I'm too cheap to buy on of those fancy GPS anyway.

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
How many of you rely on your GPS without consulting charts these days?
How many of you back that up by using a handheld compass?
No judgements, and I'm sure some will get on a high horse after lying
about it. Just curious.

Robert B
Beneteau First 35s5
NY

Joe

I use paper charts all the time, and a compass doing DR's. Then block
numbers.

Joe

Jonathan Ganz

In article .com,
Capt. Rob wrote:
How many of you rely on your GPS without consulting charts these days?

If anyone does, they shouldn't admit it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

~^ beancounter ~^

Jonathan...nice web url for bay area sailing....
hey, have you ever run into a david brodsky doing
sailing charters in the bay area? i am trying to look
him up..i am not sure how tight the sailing community
is, so i thought it worth asking...thanx....

Jonathan Ganz

In article .com,
~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:
Jonathan...nice web url for bay area sailing....
hey, have you ever run into a david brodsky doing
sailing charters in the bay area? i am trying to look
him up..i am not sure how tight the sailing community
is, so i thought it worth asking...thanx....

Thanks

I don't know him, but I'm really not doing chartering through an
established company, so I'm not that well connected.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Joe

You might update the putzsail section....it's a bit dated.

Joe

Jonathan Ganz

In article .com,
Joe wrote:
You might update the putzsail section....it's a bit dated.

Joe

Yeah, I was thinking of removing it, but a couple of people thought it
was pretty funny.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com