Maxprop

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

Speaking from experience..... about 30 seconds. Caution though.... they do
make for lazy pupils.

WHAT???? Where did you get this piece of *scientific* info?

Max

Thom Stewart

Hey Maxs,

How about those funky plastic with the side piece you put on over your
regular glases. I love them have a pair in each car and on the boat. Got
a pair with my implants and)PARDON) love a first sight. They are
without a doubt the best sun glasses I've ever used,

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

Bob Crantz

Mooron is right. It's called long term phototropic hysteresis. It follows
the same principles as treating Raynaud's syndrome with conditioned cold
water immersion. The cross over point between the scotopic and photopic
intensity-subjective brightness curve and the associated Weber ratio are no
longer determined solely by the ambient irradiance, but rather by the time
varied filtered irradiance with both spectral and intensity changes not
natural to the eye. The ion channels that control the dynamic range of the
eye's sensitivity to intensity become clogged with unrecombined ions. Diet
can control this condition.

Do you see the light?!

Bob Crantz, Amen!

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

Speaking from experience..... about 30 seconds. Caution though.... they

do
make for lazy pupils.

WHAT???? Where did you get this piece of *scientific* info?

Max

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

I have to order new sunglasses this year. My old prescription glasses are
too dark and filter out way too much light. I've been experimenting with
some clip-ons over my glasses and tried purple and amber, but they still
seem to filter out too much. I'm looking for some color that will work on
both land and sea and filter glare more than light....Recommendations?

Light gray polarizers. Simple.

Max

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

My present prescription sunglasses are gray, but very dark. I really do
not like the purple clip-ones...makes the world look like a strange
place...was wondering about the kind that darken when you go out and
lighten when you go back in and was wondering about response time...

In glass (not recommended) these are called Photogray or Photobrown Extras.
In hard resin, they are known as Transitions. They may get darker than you
prefer. Serenghetti makes a number of excellent lenses for sailors. My
favorite is their vermillion polarizer. Not too dark and a great polarizer.
Check it out. Oh, and by the way, it may be glass, so don't count on them
to be safety-type lenses.

Max

Thom Stewart

Kate,
Try the gun shops for shoting glass, yellow
Ole thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

Thom Stewart

RC,
You mean Yellow glasses would make a Yellow Anchored POS Disappear?
There's good and bad to everything I guess.

Ole Thom

Lonny B

That Thom! He is thinking again!

If it were true, there would be a mad rush to sell yellow glasses to all of
the tourists by the Chamber of Commerce in the Florida Keys. As it is,
tourists, once they get a load of the yellow POS at anchor in it's own
toilet, turn around and leave the area, in some cases leaving Florida
altogether, never to return.

Lonny B
--
"Rock stars! Is there anything they don't know?" Homer Simpson

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
RC,
You mean Yellow glasses would make a Yellow Anchored POS Disappear?
There's good and bad to everything I guess.

Ole Thom

gonefishing

this idiots signature is longer than he's postsget
a life man.