Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Flying Tadpole

Scout wrote:
"Scotty" wrote in message

"Flying Tadpole" wrote

Won't work on a real sailboat with a wheel.

OK. I'll accept that. (I also hate wheels).

Why do you hate wheels?

Flying Scott

I'd like to know why as well.
My tiller always made my neck and back go stiff after a short time.

Well, I had a stiff neck to begin with...

I suppose it comes from dinghy sailing--I just like the immediacy
of a tiller, not least its value as an instant vernier on rudder
position, both visual and pressure. Also, almost all the
sailboats I've had at least passing experience with have been
small and a wheel, as well as being an expensive complication, is
an aunnecessary one. Conversely, most wheeling has been in power
vessels--the best being river houseboats where helm response was
not a design requirement, though unmanageable windage is.

ANd my wheels fell off long ago, so I suppose there's an envy
quotient in there too.

--
Flying Tadpole

http://www.ace.net.au/schooner
http://www.soundclick.com/flyingtadpolemusic.htm

easy money in 30 days trip Boat Building 0 March 11th 05 03:57 AM
easy money in 30 days trip General 0 March 11th 05 03:39 AM
She is easy to handle, ergonomically perfect and aestheticallypleasing from any angle. DSK ASA 12 February 16th 05 12:26 PM
FREE EASY MONEY CLICK HERE Kellyluvsaac3 UK Power Boats 0 February 19th 04 01:45 AM