Capt. Neal®

Default I only missed two Rules questions.

I missed #18 and #29 of the Rules of the Road questions.

Both questions concern the red lights on a vessel aground - a minor matter.

I got all the others correct. I'm better than Joe, Jeff, otn, DSK and
Shen44 put together.

CN

Jeff Morris

You got #17 wrong. You actually claimed that a tow light is white!
You got #21 wrong. You should have triple demerits for insisting
you're right when the exact rule was pointed out to you.

Capt. Neal® wrote:
I missed #18 and #29 of the Rules of the Road questions.

Both questions concern the red lights on a vessel aground - a minor matter.

I got all the others correct. I'm better than Joe, Jeff, otn, DSK and
Shen44 put together.

CN

otnmbrd

Capt. Neal® wrote:
I missed #18 and #29 of the Rules of the Road questions.

Both questions concern the red lights on a vessel aground - a minor matter.

I got all the others correct. I'm better than Joe, Jeff, otn, DSK and
Shen44 put together.

CN

I've got you missing 17,18,21,35 (backpedalled),29. Agreed with you on
the rest though I have to question 26. (lol gotta check out what 26 was)

otn
Capt. Neal®

"otnmbrd" wrote in message ink.net...
Capt. Neal® wrote:
I missed #18 and #29 of the Rules of the Road questions.

Both questions concern the red lights on a vessel aground - a minor matter.

I got all the others correct. I'm better than Joe, Jeff, otn, DSK and Shen44 put together.

CN

I've got you missing 17,18,21,35 (backpedalled),29. Agreed with you on the rest though I have to question 26. (lol gotta check out
what 26 was)

otn

I was right on 26

INLAND

A barge of more than 50 meters long would be
required to show how many white anchor lights
when anchored in a Secretary of Transportation
approved "Special anchorage area"?

A. 4
B. 3
C. 2
D. 1

The correct answer was C.

Bart said it was D. Bart was incorrect as I proved in my post elsewhere by quoting the
rule in question. Special anchorage means nothing concerning anchor lights unless the
vessel is less than 20 meters. IN a vessel more than fifty meters as the question states
two anchor lights are required.

CN - teaches the masters.

Jeff Morris

Yes, C is the correct answer. This is another simple question. It
gets complicated only if you start thinking about a variety of rules
and conditions that don't apply. BTW, I don't think any of the
official question require knowledge of the "annexes."

Capt. Neal® wrote:

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
ink.net...

Capt. Neal® wrote:

[...]

otnmbrd

Capt. Neal® wrote:

Capt. Neal® wrote:

[...]

EG Ahhhhh, Then from this post, I see you are agreeing that you had 5
wrong.
If you read my post regarding question 26, you will note that I stated
that this was an older rule that may, and I think, doesn't exist.
You will also note that I have asked Bart to clarify what the answer is
based on his test, as I'm still not 100% percent sure that it doesn't
still exist.
My research says it doesn't, so I agree with you (LAWD HAVE MERCY).
As for teaching me...... G Neal, you and many other boaters could
teach me a good deal..... In your case, the subjects don't include
"Rules", navigation, seamanship, stability, and many more.....

otn

Lady Pilot

"otnmbrd" wrote:

My research says it doesn't, so I agree with you (LAWD HAVE MERCY).

As for teaching me...... G Neal, you and many other boaters could teach
me a good deal..... In your case, the subjects don't include "Rules",
navigation, seamanship, stability, and many more.....

Just what subject is it that Capt. Neal could teach you a great deal? hehee

LP

Rules History Quiz Jeff Morris ASA 15 February 11th 05 09:53 PM
Rules Test (advanced) Jeff Morris ASA 37 December 14th 04 12:03 AM
Novice Lessons 9 - a reprint Simple Simon ASA 4 December 9th 03 05:10 PM
COLREGS - Proving Pecking Order in Restricted Visibility Simple Simon ASA 12 November 22nd 03 04:05 PM