JG

He's going to use his yellow boat as the finish line. It never moves, it's
ugly and unmistakeable... seems perfect for the job.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Wally" wrote in message
k...
Capt. Neal® wrote:

They could put a yellow line on the water like they do on the
football field to show first downs.

That's not football, that's hand-ball - and hand-ball is a foul.

The point is the imaginary finish line is a trick to make her time
better than it really was.

It would have had to be 500 miles further east to make beating the record
difficult.

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com

Capt. Neal®

Like I give a flying crap whether or not you call me Captain!

Since when would any sailor care what some pussy-whipped, fat
man who writes third-rate screen play thinks or says?

CN

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
The only record the little dyke has is a criminal record
for her admitting to violating Rule 5 of the COLREGS.

Oh no!!! She violated rule 5!!!! She's a real sailor and makes her own rules
because she's a real sailor. She's taken her boat where you couldn't, rules or
no rules.
71 days or 171, she's 50 times the sailor you are, Neal. I won't call you
captain anymore!

RB

Bobsprit

It is totally abhorrent how so-called sailors in this group
can laud any individual who goes out and does something
that is totally against the Rules and therefore totally
illegal.

THis makes ALL solo voyages where the sailor sleeps NOT LEGAL!!!
Bwahahahahahah!

Neal is busted again!

RB
Scott Vernon

"Bobsprit" wrote ...

she's 50 times the sailor you are, Neal. I won't call you
captain anymore!

BBob

That would make her 100 times the sailor you are bbob.

Do the maths.
Take a few days.

SV

Scott Vernon

OzOne wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 03:17:03 GMT, "katysails"
scribbled thusly:

Bitter...bitter....you should stop drinking when you hit the

dregs...

My green teeth go bitter if I drink too much.

Now you're a Brit?

Donal

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
They could put a yellow line on the water like they do on the football

field
to show first downs.

The point is the imaginary finish line is a trick to make her time better

than
it really was.

Neal, you're a complete wally.

She started her trip around the world at Ushant. When she got back to
Ushant, she had sailed around the world.

What on Earth makes you suggest that the finish line was imaginary?

Regards

Donal

Jeff Morris

Donal wrote:
"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

They could put a yellow line on the water like they do on the football

field

to show first downs.

The point is the imaginary finish line is a trick to make her time better

than

it really was.

Neal, you're a complete wally.

She started her trip around the world at Ushant. When she got back to
Ushant, she had sailed around the world.

No. When she got back to Ushant she crossed the somewhat arbitrary line
designated as the start/finish line. She "sailed around the world" when
her path crossed her antipodal path. Curiously, if that happened at
all, it would have been fairly close to Ushant.

What on Earth makes you suggest that the finish line was imaginary?

Maybe because most of the news reports described it that way. Frankly,
I never much liked the term, but it seems that people have to me
reminded that there isn't a line actually painted on the ocean.
Scott Vernon

"Donal" wrote

Neal, you're a complete wally.

Does that make Wally a half Neal?