DSK

The roughest place on Earth to be is in a Rugby scrum. I've
heard of players having testicles ripped clean off.

OzOne wrote:
Never heard of that, but ears being bitten off has happened.

The Crapton was likely hoping to read about testicles being bitten off.
It's probably one of his fantasies.

I don't know about Australian rules rugby, but I've played rugby here.
It's certainly a tough & demanding game, but it's not as brutal as
football. There are rarely the impacts in rugby that occur in every
football play.

The hardest hits occur in hockey... and they damn sure wear padding!

Best of all they play things like Tri Nations Cup, just to make it
clear that there were only 3 Nations involved, unlike the US who hold
it's 'World Championships" with no other country involved.

It makes sense to call a 3 nation championship the Tri Nations Cup, but
OTOH if there is not a football team anywhere else that can beat the
Super Bowl winner, then they're the world champs, right?

DSK

Capt. Neal®

OzOne wrote:
[...]

That means the Miami Dolphins are world champs because they
kicked the Patriots butt up and down the field at Pro Player
Stadium last fall.

CN
Capt. Neal®

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:45:15 -0500, Capt. Neal®
scribbled thusly:

That means the Miami Dolphins are world champs because they
kicked the Patriots butt up and down the field at Pro Player
Stadium last fall.

CN

Claim whatever you like. but the fact is, they are US Champions.

I disagree. They are world champions because the NFL was renamed
the WFL (World Football League) back in 1975 though they still
use the old National Football League nomenclature.

CN

JG

Reminds me of that lightbulb joke... How many Americans does it take to
screw in a lightbulb? Answer is just one. He puts the bulb in the socket and
the world revolves around him. Heard it in Austria.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 19:23:21 -0500, Capt. Neal®
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:45:15 -0500, Capt. Neal®
scribbled thusly:

That means the Miami Dolphins are world champs because they
kicked the Patriots butt up and down the field at Pro Player
Stadium last fall.

CN
Claim whatever you like. but the fact is, they are US Champions.

I disagree. They are world champions because the NFL was renamed
the WFL (World Football League) back in 1975 though they still
use the old National Football League nomenclature.

CN

So who is Mr World?
He must be worth a few buck to own the whole league or is it just
naming rights?

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Scott Vernon

OzOne wrote in message

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:45:15 -0500, Capt. Neal®

scribbled thusly:

That means the Miami Dolphins are world champs because they
kicked the Patriots butt up and down the field at Pro Player
Stadium last fall.

CN
Claim whatever you like. but the fact is, they are US Champions.

I disagree. They are world champions because the NFL was renamed
the WFL (World Football League) back in 1975 though they still
use the old National Football League nomenclature.

CN

So who is Mr World?

Eric Morley

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/ent...015000/1015157.
stm

Horvath

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:00:11 -0800, "JG" wrote
this crap:

Reminds me of that lightbulb joke... How many Americans does it take to
screw

Everything reminds you of screwing, doesn't it?

Capt. Mooron

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:00:11 -0800, "JG" wrote
this crap:

Reminds me of that lightbulb joke... How many Americans does it take to
screw

Everything reminds you of screwing, doesn't it?

Aw Cripes ... watching you 2 poltroons stalking each other and hinting to
each other about gay subject matter is really getting tedious. Why don't
both of you get a room... kiss and make up... then get married and live
together. Maybe you can start posting as a pair and join Glory Sail/

CM

DSK

OzOne wrote:
You've played rugby as in rugby union.

Probably, I don't know the difference. It was fun but left even the
regulars sore & battered the next day.

Rugby league is a full contact sport where tackling an opponent means
at the very least, leaping at him at a full sprint, arms around his
waist and sliding down to take his legs from under him.
Slamming head on into an opposite runner is more often used and as
long as the shoulder isn't lowered, it's OK.

Not claiming to be an expert, but the rugby I've seen doesn't involve
two groups of men backing off a few yards to get running room, then
running full-force (with shoulders, elbows, whatever) into each other,
on every play.

I don't know which game is really rougher, but there's justification for
the padding in American football... otherwise there'd be multiple broken
bones on every play.

The hardest hits occur in hockey... and they damn sure wear padding!

Yep, Ice Hockey, the speed is the factor there.

Yes, exactly.

Ever seen the Irish sport of hurling? No padding, darn few rules from
what I can tell, and they give those maniacs wooden bats!

You can't be a world champion until you've competed against at least
some part of the rest of the world, usually 5 other countries or
theeabouts.

There you go, trying to be sensible again...

DSK

Maxprop

OzOne wrote in message

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 05:04:13 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:52:59 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

Again. Hope Scout recovers.

Careful. Oz is going to be wondering why Australia wasn't informed.

Max

What, that you guys held a "world championship" of US football teams?

Teee Heee, ya gotta have a little giggle, surely :-)

Hmmmm. That was awfully effeminate, Oz.

Max

I'm trying to get more in touch with my feminine side.

Perhaps Katy or Jon could help you with that.

Max

World Champion Patriots Are Going to the Superbowl Again! Jeff Morris ASA 19 January 25th 05 12:03 PM
Leave it to the Americans... Don White General 79 December 15th 04 07:36 PM
Bush Resume Bobsprit ASA 21 September 14th 03 11:22 PM
(OT) And for the open minded clear thinkers Capt. Frank Hopkins General 1 September 4th 03 06:42 PM